Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / adding people

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 22:17
ok i got the free trial and i want to know something

i also downloaded the huge dungeons tutorial and opened the example dungeon it there and was wondering how to add a character inside the dungeon (like the person you use)

also how do you make it so you can leave the dungeon or go to other parts (like up/down stairs)? i hope to buy the $247 or so bundle pack so i am checking if its worth it
kidsa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2004 20:40
is this a simple question to answer or something and you dont want to waste time or does any one just hate me?
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2004 20:46
people are most likely not answering this because your question is really saying "I know nothing about programming, let alone game programming, and I am basically asking the proverbial, rhetorical question: How do I make a game"?

-RUST-
"What the... Mooooooooooo!"
Douglass
Years of Service
User Offline
you do realize that when you program you need to make everything.
you act like theres a make person/make level command.
try the demos on this site of some of the other programs to make worlds/models or try finding some free ones or just use cubes. read the tutorials and learn how to load objects.

Bladerunner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2004 03:12
If you want a game that has a button to put something inside or just click 2 buttons to make a dungeon, i suggest the 3-D Game Maker

Live as if your were to die tomorrow... Learn as if you were to live forever
Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools
kidsa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2004 23:18
i know there is no person maker but after you make a person how do you add them in ( how about stuff made in anim8or?)
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 01:12
Load Object "myplayer.x",1

We need help! Email us! join@eternaldestinyonline.com
kidsa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2004 00:05
is there a tutorial on this? like how to make them walk by hittng a button and do other things? thank you for spending time to help me
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2004 00:32
I'm afraid it goes even deeper than that. You have to make an animation in Anim8or or whatever modeller, then detect if they're pressing a key, then depending on what key it is you can play the animation. If you want the character to have multiple animations you need to make each of those animations and play them whenever the user presses a specific button.

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: KillZone(FPS)
Soon to come:An rts, and a snowball fight game
Kequor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2004 15:51
[img]Try looking in the commands menu.

Dont worry and keep a cool head.
kidsa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2004 19:05
of anim8or or dark basic? does any one use aim that is good with anm8or and darkbasic?
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2004 20:50
start simple...1st..make a matrix, then texture it, then randomise it, add a character and use get ground height to make sure it follows the floor, move them around and get it to animate, set limits so it can`t walk off the matrix, add another object, make it so you cant walk through it, you should be aable to manage that from the help files and some playing about, after that you can see where you need to go and what you will want to add to make a decent game, then come back and ask some questions on specific things, leave the modeling alone for now, just concentrate on getting things to work, cheers.

Mentor.

System spec : Pentium 3.0Ghz, 512MB DDR, 2x160Gb HD (using icewave hd coolers ), DVD RW/CD RW (all modes), multimedia front panel, 6 way surround sound, ATI radeon 9800Pro 128mb.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 21:01:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 21:01:32