Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / this is great lol

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 23:03
i downloaded the demo yesterday and hardly did any thing but copy and paste and i have fun

(the dungeon tutorial i changed the pics to hedgehogs and call it the mighty hedgehog dungeon and tell my brother to fear it)
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 23:20
glad you enjoyed it!, we get too many newcomers thinking they are going to write Unreal22XVI or Halflife99ver107 before breakfast and retire on the profits by lunch, then they get upset when they find there is work involved in programming, the best way to learn is to have fun and not set yourself fixed goals, you will just get frustractificateded (stunned, dazed, confused, frustrated and annoyed ) if you try to code to fixed targets , there`s no hurry, if it takes a week or a month (or a year) to get the title screen like you want then thats fine.

Trying to rush things will just end up with a badly thought out mess that nobody wants to play (been there and done that ), and thank you for a newcomers post that DOESN`T start "I am writing a 500 player internet rpg with human level AI and need to know how to print the name of the game on the screen...", somehow you just can`t have faith in such a post , cheers.

Mentor.

System spec : Pentium 3.0Ghz, 512MB DDR, 2x160Gb HD (using icewave hd coolers ), DVD RW/CD RW (all modes), multimedia front panel, 6 way surround sound, ATI radeon 9800Pro 128mb.
Slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 23:24 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2004 23:25
Wow new people. I guess the compo worked.

I dont know how to spell
kidsa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2004 23:16
the alien ware thing no i was just searching for programming tools and this came up
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 03:20
Great choice kidsa. I was once in the same situation as you, wanted to make games, looked around, found Blitz (used it for awhile, but learned to dislike if not HATE it), and now I've conveniently found my way to DB. Welcome, be crazy, have fun.

Crazy Donuts

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: KillZone(FPS)
Soon to come:An rts, and a snowball fight game
Skybax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2004 21:13
I am a noobie as well.....I'm starting small first off......I DO want to create an RPG, but right now I'm just having an awesome time fiddling with codes and making swords on anim8or (GET IT!!! IT'S FREE AND IT'S GREAT!). In short, life is gooooood.........

There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his

Ph33r the Ringwraiths

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 21:18:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 21:18:57