Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / If one were to get mamed....

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 01:33
If I were to accidentally get MAMEd in, let's say, a bad accident, where would I go to find out information about being MAMEd, and the version of the MAMEing I should have. Then, after my bad horrible MAMEing, I wanted to find other information as to what I could do or use whilst I was MAMEd, where would I go to find that information? You see, I think I will be MAMEd but I am not sure of the version of MAMEing I will receive, and where to go after the MAMEing, so I could have stuff to do while I was MAMEd.

thanks for all the kind words and advice in this time of being MAMEd.
<cartman_voice> I love you guys </cartman_voice>

-RUST-
"What the... Mooooooooooo!"
Neophyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 01:43
Well I think the obvious place to go if one was MAMEd would be to MAME.net. Of coarse, I've never really been MAMEd so I wouldn't know much about being MAMEd. But I'm sure there are plenty of resources on the net about being MAMEd that one could easily find through the above mentioned site.
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 01:46
and here's my twenty page essay with the biggest font I can find: suicide

Then comes tomorrow and you're a little shorter of your breath and one day closer to your death...
Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 01:49 Edited at: 6th Feb 2004 01:56
Well, I'm not sure if MAMEing is the proper phraseology to be using in this situation (where did you learn English, man). When I downloaded MAME I had more of a problem searching for ROMs that I did finding MAME (google search will do - duh).

(For those of you who don't have a clue what Cattle Rustler is talking about: MAME is a really cool arcade emulator. I've played alot of classic, genuine arcade games using MAME: R-Type, Carrier AirWing, Street Fighter, to name a few)

PS - by the way, you should be able to find out more info about "MAMEing" (in CR's words) by locating ROM lists using google.

I know, I know - I just couldn't resist the way you capitalized the correct letters. Sorry about the sarcasm, I was only joking...

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 02:50
And of course it is illegal to download the roms unless you have the original arcade machine. So when can I come round yours Northern_Fist and play your real arcade games...

Have to admit that R-Type in mame is absolutely brilliant. A must is to find the cheat file so you can finally see the later levels in most of the games. I shudder to think how much I used to spend in arcades on Gauntlet, R-type and the like.

Boo!
Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 03:02 Edited at: 6th Feb 2004 03:07
@ Spooky

I played the classic games (they're long gone in my old and shattered PC). True, I kept them longer than 24 hours, but I couldn't find anywhere's to buy the ROMs at the time (not completely sure if that's legal).

Is there a way to buy CDs with classic arcade games anywhere? I know they did this with the PC-Engine (TurboGrafix 16 CD); they must have uploaded hundreds of PC Engine games on that.

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 03:27
don't woory about it, i know nothing of laws but i can assure you one thing: if ever the law threatens you because of it, i will support you

Then comes tomorrow and you're a little shorter of your breath and one day closer to your death...
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 03:41
Oh that's reassuring

[href][/href]
http://www.automatongames.com/
Ancient Chinese proverb: Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 03:58
wtf is that supposed to mean

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 04:34
Clever Cattle-- very clever excecution .

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 06:13

-RUST-
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 06:20
update: It was a ghastly and horrible MAMEing as I predicted! Oh my god I am now MAMEd!! Please help me. The doctors say its V0.79 and all my mom can do is cry and agree with them!! I am MAMED V0.79, ohhh god! <sniffle sniffle> <pulls self together> Anyhowsen, I need to find out the critical info about my MAMEing, from what I hear my best friend Romey (we call him ROMS) was also MAMEd, during the horriffic accident, as he was laying in the trunk like the imbecile that he is. We were taken to different MAMEd Centers to be fixed but now I can't find my best friend ROMS! ROMS WHERE ARE YOU - OH, WHERE ARE YOU ROMS?!!???! My best MAMEd friend ROMS! Where are you ROMS!

-RUST-
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 19:27
I too have a friend named ROMS and when I got horribly MAMEd I needed to find him. I found him through another friend of mine named Dr.KAZZA.
DivW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 19:31

nuf' said

Your soul...it tastes like chicken

Official Website Coming Soon
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 19:36

-RUST-
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Yargh, you just made me realise that I lost all my Mame stuff when I formatted last time. I thought it was on my E: drive!!! That took ages to collect.

Pincho.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 21:25
wow all this cunning talk...

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 21:32
I still need to locate my best friend Romey who we call ROMS. Someone said I should talk to KAZ but he and I are not on speaking terms, is there anyone else I should speak to about locating my friend Roms?

-RUST-
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 21:36
Dr. KAZ is probabaly your best option, he's an expert despite the risk of contracting a VIRUS from him otherwise your gonna get alot of things that seem to just POP-UP when you try and look for ROMey

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 22:23
u wont get a virus with a rom extension :-p

Benjamin R Wharton
Oraculaca
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2004 23:26
Might one suggest you get an e-Mule to help you in your quest to find your good friend ROMS the e-Mule is very trustworthy and will guide you towards the path of enlightenment.
Failing that get bittorrent and go here, http://www.suprnova.org/

Not-Mr-Thumpy wrinkled his nose, it was suddenly hard to concentrate
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2004 06:28
I think kaz can find your friend. he's bound to be one of the 2000 in that one DL.

RGT may be gone but the best DBP forum is still alive and kicking, check it out.
http://www.dannywartnaby.co.uk/rgt/
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2004 20:27
If anyone is in contact with Dr. Kaz, would they be able to get a hold of my friend Roms and send him over to me?

-RUST-
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2004 22:05
I am in good healh and have never been MAMEd but I asked DR K. if he new where your friend ROMey was.

He suggested I look here:

1. [href]www.segaroms.cjb.net[/href]
2. [href]www.geocities.com/allsgames[/href]
3. [href]www.emuworld-brasil.com[/href]
4. [href]www.pb1.cjb.net[/href]
5. [href]http//members.fortunecity.com/renato_p7[/href]
6. [href]www.emulatron.cjb.net[/href]
7. [href]http//planeta.terra.com.Br/lazer/earthpage/[/href]
8. [href]www.emucenter.hpg.com.br[/href]
9. [href]http//br.geocities.com/romney_rmc[/href]
10. [href]www.neveshp.hpg.com.br/[/href]
11. [href]www.freewares.hpg.com.br[/href]
12. [href]www.airbag.catar.com.br[/href]
13. [href]http//download.cnet.com/download/[/href]

I haven't tried any of them because I don't know what your friend looks like - I will leave it to you.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2004 01:56
Thanks so much for pointing me towards possible locations where my friend Romey (Roms) may be found. I'll let ya all know if and when I find him. He is probably drunk and delerious in some bar outside of Picadilly as we speak ~~update soon.

Thanks all

-RUST-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 07:45:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 07:45:05