Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / um....... help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok heres the question : what is everything? i bought the system thinking i could do it. i think i might be wrong. If i just get too frustrated with this can i return it or no?

Wookiee cookies are extra chewie! (da dun tis!)

One Common Ruin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2004 06:37
Really it depends where you bought it. If you bought it on the gamecreators site you will not be able to return it but you may be able to sell it to amazon or something. If you bought it from a store then yes you can return it. Though I would really suggest not giving up. Check out Chris Knott's Pong tutorial in the New Comers Corner. It should explain a lot.
Slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2004 07:18
You dont just start makeing games right away. Learn sum math
learn the source dont just think you could just get a game going right now. It takes time.

I dont know how to spell
Jedi Master Jesse
Years of Service
User Offline
kk. i think i was just imtimidated from the sheer amount of stuff.

Wookiee cookies are extra chewie! (da dun tis!)

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2004 08:23
That's the game business in general, there are a ton of details that most gamers do not take into account. Just take it in small bites. That's how everyone learns.
--
TAZ

Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2004 17:56
Thats good advice from Zircher. Writing software is no different than anything else in life. Take it on step at a time. Don't try to bite off more than you can chew. Follow the tutorials and set yourself nice simple goals to accomplish.

Start by trying to make a simple game like Pong. Follow Chris' tutorial. Its very good. Trust me, before you know it you'll be saying "duuh why didn't I think of that?"

Philip

What do you mean, bears aren't supposed to wear hats and a tie? P1.3ghz / 384 megs / GeForce MX 5200 128meg / WinXP home

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 21:16:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 21:16:08