Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 2D level editor needed...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Like the topic says I need a 2D level that works for DBPro and can do multi-layered maps for something like an RPG or Action-adventure game (I need it since I have a large project that requires a 2D level editor since 2D sprites on a 3D worlds wouldn't look that good anyway unless I was some spriting god that could make Regnarok online type graphics...) so if anyone has some links to free 2D level editors I would be very grateful (and yes to those who would usually say use the search option, I did and came up with some topics that didn't help at all...)
Dgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2004 00:08 Edited at: 9th Feb 2004 00:09
You could try mappy (I cant be arsed to look for the URL right now so just use a search engine.) Though I believe you have to write your own import code for to load mappy maps.

The statement below is true
The statement above is false
Zenkai
Years of Service
User Offline
well I found mappy and I wanted to know a few things before I download it.

1. Which ones do I download? Do I download the Mappy Win32 V1.4 and the Mappy Replay V010 (the mappy replay is the only DBpro compatible playback library they had... at least I think it's a playback library)? Or do I only need to get one of those?

2.Does this thing do iso graphics?

Thanks to those who answer these questions and possibly give more suggestions for editors.

What you don't know can't hurt
...you've got a hoard of zombies behind you
Now you know!*echoes*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 20:42:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 20:42:46