Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2004 03:55
i'm having no problems with the pro version except for this: it's not including the needed dll files that i need to run the program on another computer. i've tried everything from including the dlls into the running directory to manually putting the files into the windows system...it's still not working. don't get me wrong, i love the program, i'm just a little confused why this isn't working...

www.profolyx.com
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2004 04:34
Which DLL is missing and is it a program you created or just trying to Run DB on another computer? Could you clarify so some one can give a more accurate answer. Thanks.

Wasting CPU Cycles since the 286 was a hot machine.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2004 04:36
does the target machine meet the directX requirement of the dbp exe you are trying to run? The target machine needs DirectX 9.0b to run anything made in dbp.

-RUST-
"What the... Mooooooooooo!"
mister kupo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2004 04:49
its saying that it's missing DbProSetupDebug.dll. i thought that it would just say i needed to put the rest in after it stated that (like past experiences with my programming adventures). i tried putting anything named close to that in the working dir, blah blah like i stated in my previous post. though i'm not worried about it that much currently, i AM worried about when i distribute the program.

www.profolyx.com
AluminumPork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2004 06:11
I'm not familiar with DBPro, but in DBC there's a Make Final EXE and Make EXE. If there is such a option then use the Make Final EXE one.

Probably wrong, but what the heck.

P4 2.4Ghz HT, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 128MB, 19" Viewsonic, 80GB HD

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2004 06:29
ok, so it seems that it is not a dx issue. Maybe something the compiler is not doing correctly? I guess in the interim make sure your devel machine has the latest IDE and that dbp and ide are all installed ok without any flakiness, and maybe IanM or one of the other guru's will pop along and point out the problem for you. Not too sure on this one.

Sorry not have been any help.

-RUST-
"What the... Mooooooooooo!"
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2004 14:06
You should not need to put a copy of any of the DBPro DLLs in your project folder.

Make sure that you haven't moved or removed the offending DLL out of the compiler/plug-ins folder. If you have, then either put it back or reinstall and repatch.

For free Plug-ins, source and the DBPro Interface library for Visual C++ 6 and .NET
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
mister kupo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2004 01:04
running it on my dev comp works fine anywhere, just on any other computer. i tried it over my friend's house whom i KNOW has adequate dx runtimes installed but i doubt dx has dbpro dynamic linking library files. ::shrugs:: i just want to know how i'm to compile my projects. it doesn't seem to pack or unpack necessary dlls....is there a call i'm supposed to use or something? i found a similar article using google search but it was in russian or something. translated it and what their solution was to stick the files into the windows system folder....but alas, that does not work either. ::shrugs::

www.profolyx.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 21:05:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 21:05:25