Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DB Classic or DB Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

Hi, i was wondering if you could help me with a lil desicion im trying to make.

I am quite new to programming and have downloaded the DB classic trial which i am getting to grips with quite well.
I would like tp purchase a copy of DB but am not sure which one?
I am thinking of going for either one of the following
DB Classic
DB Classic+ Dark Matter
DB Pro

Im thinking of chosing pro over the rest because of it's features, it also has some good tutorials (or so ive heard)
If i do choose classic then i will prolly get dark matter with it.

That's what i think but what do you guys reconmend?

Thanks a lot

I find Charlie Chaplin films about as funny as getting a arrow through your neck and discovering theres a gas bill tied to it-Black Adder
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2004 18:30
Classic is no longer being improved and will NEVER be improved, development has stopped on it. DBPro has better features, is faster and is still being improved, and the upgrades are free. I bought dbc to start with cos I thought I would never need all the features listed (I didn't know what half of them were!), but in less than a year I had 'outgrown' DBC and bought DBPro.

DarkMatter 1 is supposedly the better of the two darkmatters, and I have dm1 so i can say the models are pretty good quality and so are the textures. If you want something nice looking to start off with in your projects then buy it. It isn't an essential though, I bought it and I think I probably haven't used it that much..

Basically buy DBPro if money isn't a restriction.

Do you bite your thumb at me sir?
The Basics of DBPro Tutorial, on my site now!
Athelon XP 1600 Plus (1.4ghz) - ATI Radeon 9600 Pro - 256mb RAM
PowerFang
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2004 12:23
I prefer pro simply because i can program at my desktops resolution
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2004 12:56
just look at my sig.

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Fluffy Paul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2004 14:16
However I work in a school and still have a Voodoo 2 in my old K6-2 550 and DBPro always tries 32-bit mode when it starts and always dies on the machines I have access to.

DBPro is great and I programmed my final year project in it when I was at university. It's a much better product than DBC but it's only DBC that tends to run on lower-spec machines. My university project doesn't run on any machine in the school where I work and I have returned to DBC in order to write sample programs and demos for my pupils. If you have a nice machine then use DBPro but DBC is still good. Have you seen the Star Wraith series of games? Star Wraith 3 was written in DBC and it's a fantastic, professional piece of software and goes to show that the best tool for the job is the one you know how to use.
If I had a choice in the matter I'd be using DBPro.

Ending a sentence with a French word is so passé

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 20:56:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 20:56:50