Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Making my gun bounce up and down

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2004 00:07
I really need help doing this. IM pretty ne to dark basic, i havn't even had it a weeks and ive created a pretty half decent game. I need help making my gun bounce when my player moves. I cant use the iced example because its too compicated for me, . does anyone have an easier code for making it bounce? thanks
This one

"All creators of a game, have the true name"
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2004 00:11
Codebase --> search "gun" .

Do you bite your thumb at me sir?
The Basics of DBPro Tutorial, on my site now!
Athelon XP 1600 Plus (1.4ghz) - ATI Radeon 9600 Pro - 256mb RAM
This one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2004 00:13
Where is the Code base at. Is it on this website, a seperate program? or is it withing dark basic? thanks.

MattWorley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2004 00:25
The One,

From the DBPro website, go to the Community menu, and just below Forums you will see Codebase.

Quote: "Codebase --> search "gun""

comments like this are so unhelpful to newbies - as one myself I am very reluctant to use these forums because of this attitude.
This one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2004 00:38
somethings wrong with that gun bobbing tutroial. It has errors in its coding. I need one that works, can anyone point me in the right direction.?

This one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2004 04:37
sorry for the bump, but i really need to know how to do a simple gun bounce. I did that search but it would not give me a working code. Could antyoone possibly email me an example or upload one? my email is cardiox2000@yahoo.com thank you. I want a gun bounce kinda like Operation galatic or like the one ikn the iced tutorial , cept i need a simpler one. thanks

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2004 17:45
Quote: "comments like this are so unhelpful to newbies - as one myself I am very reluctant to use these forums because of this attitude"

Sorry , I tried to be helpful. There aren't really many links to look at to find the codebase, and I assure you I meant well, if I had that attitude I may as well not give advice. But note taken, I'll be more careful in the future .

Sorry about that This One, my code in the code base is for DBPro, read this post and take in to account in the future...

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=23169&b=7

As for the gun bobbing, I've tried to convert the code to DBC, but for some reason the gun object isn't updating. I have to go now, but I will try to remember later.

Do you bite your thumb at me sir?
The Basics of DBPro Tutorial, on my site now!
Athelon XP 1600 Plus (1.4ghz) - ATI Radeon 9600 Pro - 256mb RAM
This one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2004 21:29
I sure hope you can remember how to do it! If anyone has thecode for the Darkbasic classic then please let me know hwat the code is, i hope u can remember, thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 20:51:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 20:51:29