Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / beginner partner

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2004 18:48 Edited at: 14th Feb 2004 19:44
hi my name is mike im only 14 so i don't learn this complicated stuff very fast so someone with msn who could hel me laern by giving me examples and stufff would be great
i want to start with 2d and raise up im also a beginner modeler so if you want some models i can help! plz reply asap thx

Edit: Whoops forgot to tell you im using db classic for now but i'll get pro soon thx a pro would be nice for help

Mah
Lookin for programmer for game (any type)
the mike ster
Years of Service
User Offline
oh yeah btw i know all of the basics variables arrays (sorta) print and input i can make text games thats about it

Mah
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2004 08:31
Hi the mike ster,
I'm definitely not a pro (14 years old, like yourself), but we're making a decent sized first person shooter that we've been porting from language to language over the past three years. If you feel that you are ready for it, then you can jump into 3d right away. Go to the Tutorials section under DarkBASIC and look at Binary Moon tutorials. They provide a start for complete programming novices, and work up to a full 3d game that is pretty fun.
Another source is the Beginner's Guide to DarkBASIC Game Programming, it also starts from the beginning and builds up to an impressive 3d multiplayer game.

If everybody is too busy with projects, then those I mentioned above are really good sources.

Crazy Donuts

Crazy Donut Productions
Current Project: KillZone
the mike ster
Years of Service
User Offline
Heh lookin for coders and texture artists and more!!!
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=26064&b=9

Mah

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 20:58:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 20:58:20