Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
HI

Where can i find information about vector? i dont know what are they for?

And one more thing, where can i find description of the diferent flags that we use in some commands, like set texture object or set object transparency

thanks

felwys
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2004 05:15
to me, a Vector is similar to a C-based structure, or a vb type (vb.net structure) that becomes a light-weight object (Object in the true sense of the word) and it is passed into/returned from functions - holding an X, a Y, and a Z world coordinate and possibly some other info.

-RUST-
"What the... Mooooooooooo!"
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2004 18:13
@Felwys

Vectors is an array of numbers in linear algebra. They have both magnitude and direction.

If you are writing a 3d game its very important to eventually understand how vectors work. To do this I suggest you do a search of the web for beginner explanations of vector maths. Alternatively, buy 3d Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development by Fletcher Dunn and Ian Parberry.

Philip

What do you mean, bears aren't supposed to wear hats and a tie? P1.3ghz / 384 megs / GeForce MX 5200 128meg / WinXP home

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 21:10:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 21:10:33