Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 2 problems with loading models (models going backwards and a ? about hiding limbs)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2004 20:39
Every time i load this damn model it always goes backwards! i cant get it to got straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is REALY bugging me, i have flipped it around 4 times in 3ds max and no matter what i do dbaisc loads it and makes it go backwards! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im going nuts with this!!!!!!!!

and i had a question about limbs..........
i have been having trouble hitting my ships. They are too small, so i decided to make a world box for them. For those of you who dont know a world box is a box that goes around the model and detects collisions (both by bullets and walls etec.). I basicly made the moadel then used a simple box that wraps around it, then hid the limb once every thing was in dbasic (so the box aint there, wich is good but the ship still flys ass backwards). So my question is this... if an limb is hidden can it still detect collitsions with the craft. All i have do is given it a simple if object hit command and that worked before, and it still works now when the bullets hit the part that isnt hidden but they appear to go right through were the world box should be! ughh!
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2004 22:02
the box will collide with the craft, thats correct, the craft is "embedded" in the box, you could check for collision with specific objects to fix that, for the other problem...turn the object around 180 degrees and then use fix object pivot to lock it in that position, you should then find that the object goes forwards as expected, cheers.

Mentor.

System spec : Pentium 3.0Ghz, 512MB DDR, 2x160Gb HD (using icewave hd coolers ), DVD RW/CD RW (all modes), multimedia front panel, 6 way surround sound, ATI radeon 9800Pro 128mb.
DBasic Khan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2004 20:17
ok thanks
but cand collision still be detected from limbs that r hidden?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:30:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:30:23