Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / textures...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
anyone know where I can get good texture of curved roads for a racing game?

AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2004 05:50
road textures themselfs shouldn't be curved. It should be done with the UVs. I made this diagram a while back to explain.

Anyway, I have many high quality roads for sale on turbosquid. Just click the image link in my sig.

Douglass
Years of Service
User Offline
no offense,but you really expect that people are going to pay $50 for a few textures? dont you think you're being a little greedy? anywho, thanks for the help.

Dennuz666 v2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2004 19:24
Good textures are a lot more money than the $50 squiddy is asking. If it is a good texture, it costs money. Even a 'simple' road texture is a lot of work, costs a lot of time and if it is his profession... time is money.

I wouldn't pay it either. But it is not greedy to ask money for it. Maybe you find someone who wants to make one for free. If you're lucky that person is good.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2004 15:28
I've seen some of Froggers road textures, and their certainly professional quality so people should be prepared to pay for them.

Nice explanation Frogger. We need Rich to add the game design forum so we have a place to keep all these usefull diagrams and guides that people make. It seems that most of my posts are about this sorta thing lately - and I've explained that method of making tracks a couple of times already, it'll be cool to just tell people to check out a particular thread instead.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:25:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:25:05