Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / make a 3D pyramid in DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2004 16:37
Hi All

Is there a way of making a 3D pyramid in DBPro using the commands that are avialble, or do I have something on the DBPro CD that can help me.

In Space No One can Hear You Scream! (When your comm Line is cut?)
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2004 21:04
you could glue four triangles to a plain after rotating and positioning them to make a pyramid, the code would be simple enough, just the angles and exact sizes would need a little working out.

Mentor.

Get Pro sorted, I am a customer not a BETA tester.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2004 21:32
Your answer is just what I have not be able to get my head around so I was hopeing there was another way as I want to stick it to the side of a cube and the roate it.

Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2004 22:06
Check the codebase, there's probably a function

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2004 22:32
Just been doing that and nobody has done what I am looking for at the moment, so if I get it going looks like I'll be the first.

Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2004 22:51
theres a pyramid in the media/models folder of the installation, unfortunatly it`s a DB pyramid with doorways around the base and no actual bottom, I made a simple one in 3dcanvas

try cutting and pasting that into notepad and then save it as an .x file, it might work (then again it might not), you could try downloading the 3d canvas demo or milkshape and make one, after that it should be pretty easy to scale it to fit, cheers.

Mentor.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2004 22:56
like the look of that! where do I get hold of 3dcanvas

cheers

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2004 01:43 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2004 01:44
Try using a search engine. Come on now, you're smart enough to get here and you think you have what it takes to learn how to program, but you can't find a web site? It took me less than 8 seconds to find the 3D Canvas web site using Google.

While there are friendly people here to help you, 95% of learning DBC/DBP is going to rest on your shoulders and your ability to reference the help files and the search capabilities of this forum and the internet.
--
TAZ (Yeah, allergies make me a grumpy old man. But the application of a little common sense and some resourcefulness will serve you well.)

Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2004 12:34
or if you prefer to communicate with people rather than machines and grumpy old men then you could wait for this reply

http://www.amabilis.com/

is 3D canvas

and

http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/ms3d/

for milkshape
cheers.

Mentor.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:30:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:30:30