Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My first post and first problem - the box tutorial doesn't seem to be working, Have I done something wrong.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2004 18:00
Hi,
I'm relatively good at programming basics, but this problem is annoying me. I can't seem to execute the box tutorial source code, the only thing that happens is I get a black screen. I've tried manually syncing the display but no joy. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thankyou in advance

*For every problem you come across you gain something from correcting it, I hope.
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2004 18:36
Is there a sync command in the code?

Philip

What do you mean, bears aren't supposed to wear hats and a tie? P1.3ghz / 384 megs / GeForce MX 5200 128meg / WinXP home
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2004 04:58
are you putting this

or this

cause both work fine for me, might be your graphics card driver or dx if neither one works. I'm guessing by box your talking about the cube tutorial
PeeJayGee 2004
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2004 16:01
I had a simlar problem, out of curiousity try what I did, I waited, strange I know, but I think it is something to do with the first time usage, it must set things up...

I did exactly the same, I thought I was coding something wrong, or I had a duff version of software, or the V5.2 update had done something, but it was just a time factor, now when I type some source, it compiles quicker...

Don't jump, if you do you will only fall, and hurt yourself

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:22:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:22:28