Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Building levels, BSP or X?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I’m soon about to start a project in DB pro, I’ve never used it before and I’m getting a bit worried it’s not going to be able to do what I want so I have a few questions regarding BSP and X files.

The project is to create random levels from small sections of environment i.e. stitching individual files together to make one larger level. I had hoped to create these sections of environment in valve hammer and use DB pro to load these BSPs, position them in an order specified by the user to create a level.

So, here are my questions…

1) Is it possible to load two or more BSP files? If so how would you position them as the LOAD BSP command doesn’t take any location coordinates?

2) I’m quite happy to create the levels in 3DSMax and save them as .X files as I believe meshes can be positioned and rotated fairly easily. However, I realise that .x files are intended to be used for objects, so is it possible to use them for environments, does collision detection work well / at all on meshes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Flib
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone? Please?
nuclear glory
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2004 01:10 Edited at: 24th Feb 2004 01:10
Built-in collision for .X models is weak. However, we have designed a very accurate and powerful collision system to greatly enhance collision with most extreme of geometry. So, you'll definitely want to check out our DLL if you decide to use .X geometry.

Link to our site is below.

Lead Programmer/Director
Powerful Collision DLL for DBPro and DBC: http://www.nuclearglory.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:31:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:31:06