Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Just wondering about somthing?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was thinking earlier today while I was working with Dark Basic if it is possible to make character models with Dark Basic? Lets say I want to make a Cop, could I model out the shape of a guy then texture it with clothing and then animate it with Dark Basic? Or do I have to have another program to do all this?

I am still rather new with Dark Basic so I'm just wondering about this because when I get better with DB I would like to make my own models for games.

~Seraf
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2004 06:09
thats all possible, theres a steep learning curve tho.

step (1) drawing and illustration
draw it all out and leave nothing to the imagination
these illustrations will help you make the mesh or polygons.

step (2) pick a modelling package.
scan in the illustrations and use them as reference shots behind your 3d window. learn to model the shape with the least amount of polygons.

step (3) skinning and texture wrapping.
if your modelling program has a good set of tools to make the skin then use it. You may need to get another program for this aspect.

step (4) making the skin
Using a 2d art package you have to draw on the skinned texture to resemble what you want.

step (5) boning and animation
Your going to assign polygons to bones and after this step your going to animate the bones to represent the animation sequences required for your character. eg: walk run fall shoot etc..

step(6) exporting.
always save your work in the native format so you can keep all that hard work on file and finally exporting the model to the .x format.

Seraf
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, thank you ^_^

So I can do all this with Dark Basic? How would I start out?

I also have this program I got last night called 3D Canvas. <.< Is that good?
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2004 08:31
3dcanvas is not bad, it can model / uvmap and animate for DB.

I use it but ive gravitated to milkshape /unwrap3d and characterfx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:31:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:31:28