Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / making my game easyer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2004 21:01
I have been trying to make my game easier. for those of you who dont know (everybody prabably) im making a fighter game, similar to rouge squadron (though its starting to feel like x-wing/freespace/starwraith.

Any way...
I would like to do 2 things to lower the difficulty. First I would like to make a "shoot here" indicator. i dont know what to call it. Does any one know the common termonoligy to describe it? If you dont get what i mean its a thing that appears infornt of the enemy ship that you have targeted the shows were u should shoot if you want to hit the enemy. Because if you shoot directly at the ship u will miss.

Also i would like the bullets to hit the ship easyer. Right now i have had bullets go through the enemy, but usualy the just miss all together. Should i make the bullets larger? is that the trick the pros use? I have been playing freespace in my free time (no pun intended) and it is sooooo much easyer to hit the enemy target! i dont know what to do! please help
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2004 21:48
Target lead indicator.

If you're using a collision system to detect bullet impact, just increase the size of the collision sphere or box. If the enemy is stationary, can you even hit the target? Perhaps your code is fine and the collision system is in need of help.
--
TAZ

DBasic Khan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2004 20:15
Taz your a godsend thanks again

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:37:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:37:12