Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I've just started, and I need some advice...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2004 03:36
Hello everyone, i received DBpro for x-mas. I've been playing around with it for awhile, but now I feel like starting to really make something. I need some advice on, first of all, freeware Modeling and world creating programs. It seems a bit complicated to make a world by creating cubes and having to position them in the correct place, then texture them etc. Also, can any1 tell me about gosub vs. functions?
so far i;ve used gosub but i havent tried functions. Can any1 tell me which of the two is recommended?

Thank you

Remember, a jedi's strength flows from the force...
The Lone Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2004 05:37
Um....
I can't help you on the 3D stuff being that I am a 2D guy but I do know that all the 3D people use MilkShape to create most of their 3D stuff.

I can help you on the whole gosub/function thing.

They are basically the same thing except functions can do more stuff at once. Supposively they run faster but I don't believe that.

is the same as

The thing functions can do is have stuff inside of the ().
This is a little example of a function in action.

The stuff inside of the () is the stuff to be changed in your your function.. In the above example attack/defense were put into the () and were increased by 1. You can have as many things in those () as you want just separate by comma's.

I happen to use a mouse rollover/click function which is awsome. I do have a sample function or two on my site. Especially the mouseclick one.

Hope I helped somewhat. Personally I dont want to use functions unless I have to. But yes, I do have to some times.

Tell me if you need more help
Nicolas

Jedi Jason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2004 06:22
Thanks,

i'll look into getting milkshape sometime soon

Remember, a jedi's strength flows from the force...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:27:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:27:25