Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Making a sky and texturing it?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am wondering how I can make a sky in my game and then texture it and make it look like the sky is moving? I've searched around but I haven't found anything for what I'm looking for.
phukol
Years of Service
User Offline
try to make a plane above your matrix, texture it, then use uv mapping and it will move the texture around the plane, simulating the effect of moving sky. better yet, you can use a skydome(sphere) and uvmap it.

phukol
Darkflame
Years of Service
User Offline
another method is to use loads of 2D semi-transparent facing planes that get bigger and smaller as the player moves, and move left and right as the camera rotates.

It would be a very hard effect to get right, but the times i have seen it on commericial games it always looks much more realistic that the normal "flat" sky.
(the skys in "the wind waker", for instance)

"The man who says it cannot be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." ~ Elbert Hubbard
MrMe
Years of Service
User Offline
What i do is make a sphere but for the radius value i use a negative numer then when you texture it the texture is on the inside. It looks like a sky and works just fine. Here is an example.... I cant be sure about the code but the concept works.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:43:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:43:31