Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / info for free models ??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2004 01:03
I heard a rumour about a service called. A pay-per-hit web site, where you get payed for every hit your web site gets.Is this true?
If so can you tell me where I can get a host that offers it. 'Cause
I am getting pretty good at 3d modelling humans,animals, space ships
and seamless models too. I was thinking if could start a site like that I could distribute the models I make for games on them for free. I was thinking of selling them but that seems wrong. Even if I am going bankrupt. Any news let me know.

Stiyyiille
AnDrEy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2004 19:11
I think one of the buisness contacts in www.20megsfree.com www.20m.com or www.5u.com (they are pretty much variations of the same host) had such a service. I think it was in the make money from your site subdirectory (you need a site there to acess it)

When I was little I knew I'd blow up and sell a mill or grow up to be a tilla go nuts and be a killa
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2004 20:23
Of course, those sites also try to install GAIN and other spyware on the visitor's machine at random. Your mileage may vary, but I won't be visiting.
--
TAZ

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2004 23:49
I can tell you now...you won't make enough out of these schemes to invest the effort setting it up.

Generally speaking, they are pay-per-click, not pay per hit. You will probably have to show 80 - 100 banners to get one click.

More often than not, the user will have to take a secondary action before you are paid your pittance, such as buying something or signing up.

You would need many thousands of visits a day before you started to see a return.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
Lascerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2004 20:11
thanks for all your help. Looks like that was a dead end. Anything else I could do. How about pay per click. I can set up a website for free and I was told that pay per click could work in this instance. I was also told that gogle offers this service any tips or info. My sources know alot but very few details.

Stiyyiille
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
www.commissionjunction.com has pretty much every website wanting to b advertised with all typed of payment, such as "pay per click"

http://www.tinnedhead.tk under re-construction.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:33:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:33:24