Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Cheaper and VERY cheerfull

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2004 19:52
a quick tip for those of you who have surround sound soundcards but haven`t bought a speaker setup yet due to the cost (£200 plus a set here in the UK), I went to Argos and bought the accoustic solutions DS533 setup (includes the rear speaker stands) for under £90 and coupled it to my PC via the co-axial connector (forgot to get an optical cable), the sound is amazing for the money.
My higher earning mate bought some soundblaster speakers a while ago and he heard my new speakers last night and says he will be getting a set to replace his (though knowing him he will get some fancier ones), he didn`t realise you could connect any surround sound setup to a PC with optical or co-axial output, it never occured to me that you couldn`t ,just as well or I would never have bought them and you would not have got to hear about it
So if you would like some kickass cinema quality sound while playing Doom III or your MP3 collection, then that might be an option you would want to look at, cheers.

Mentor.

1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, ATI radeon 9800 pro gfx, 6 way surround sound, 2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster, ups.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2004 19:54
that sounds nice, congrats! Now if I only had a Doom3 disk....

-RUST-
"What the... Mooooooooooo!"
Elleomea
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2004 20:11
I got my Cambridge Sound System 5.1 Speakers for about £50 2 years ago, the quality is pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

How much ham could a hamster stir, if a hamster could stir ham?
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2004 21:44
There's a very high rated 5.1 set of speakers for $60 on NewEgg.com. Everyone seems to think it's cinema quality.

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:54:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:54:20