Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I need a a couple programs...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2004 06:10
Hello everyone,

i've just decided to start working on my first project. However, i need a couple of programs, and they all need to be freeware(shareware is ok but freeware is better). I need:

A program for making BSP worlds
A program for making 3D models, i've heard of anm8or and milkshape but im not sure where to get them/how good they are etc.
a program to convert .3ds to .x and vice versa.

If any1 knows where i can get any of programs of the sort, please let me know.

Thanks

Remember, a jedi's strength flows from the force...
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2004 06:46 Edited at: 27th Feb 2004 06:53
For BSP's look for Valve Hammer Editor 3.4 & Zoners Halflife Tools (compiler exe's), it's free and it's a pig to get setup properly, but wonderful after that. In the 3d forum there are some Star Threads at the top, look through there for a BSP thread link. It used to be named The Ultimate BSP Thread but one of the mods moved it but it is still linked. It will explain all about setting up VHE and Including ZHLT for use with DBP.

A forum user named APEXNow is a jewel when it comes to bsps so if you get stuck post here and most likely He, myself, and other friendly people will try and help get you set up with vhe.

sorry, as for 3d I cannot recommend anything. I use 3dsmax r3.1 so I am set in that dept., but I did try milkshape trial and it seemed pretty good and lots of converters. I think to buy it its like 20 bucks usd, or thereabouts

EDIT: the Ultimate BSP Thread is at...
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=9319&b=3

-RUST-
"What the... Mooooooooooo!"
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2004 15:15 Edited at: 27th Feb 2004 15:16
Depending on the type of game, DoGA CGA is easy to use. It does not do animation like Milkshape, but if you're making spaceships and tanks you can be up and running in minutes. L1 is freeware, L2 and L3 are shareware with only part of the movie maker being disabled. It is fully functional for model making and has export to .X in multi-polygon and triangulated modes.
--
TAZ (your neighborhood DoGA guru)

http://www.doga.co.jp/english

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 22:26:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 22:26:49