Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / NOT ALL NOOB TEAMS ARE A FLASH IN THE PROVEBIAL PAN

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2004 19:38
Hey all,
We see more and more noob teams on the team request board every day and most seem like they wont go anywer. But ours has we are about half way thru finishing the main body of our first game. O.K. so its only space invaders but if we make a game thats better than any thats gone before it than whats it mattr if its a bit nooby. Our team is called THE CODE MONKEYS and its members are.[inc:ufo2]

gamemaker jason
laptop5002
proshooter
michael
meddie

(this is the third room this post has been in but i was told to put it in this one so don't blame me if you think it's in the wrong room.)

"fireball"
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
5 people to make Space Invaders? Crikey! It must be a sparkling gore-fest of Alien extermination! Actually, Space Invaders can be turned into an amazing game. It just needs style!

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2004 19:56
I liked Lee's space invaders that came with DB Classic. I would play it for hours on end. Kind of wore it out before I figured out how to save and read high score tables though

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2004 19:56
By the way--

A) The fact that your topic is in all caps directly contradicts your topic's statement

and

B) It's proverbial

soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2004 20:57 Edited at: 27th Feb 2004 20:59
Hey all,
Thanks for all the positive comments our SPACE INVADERS will be brilliant. Any more comments are welcome.

Oh and I know its proverbial adj characteristic,stereotypical, or well known.

and i've only been in contact with 2 other team members so I don't know wheher the others are doing anything.(these comments are purely informative so please don't take them the wrong way.) Thanks again.

"fireball"
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2004 21:13
the first thing to do to not make yourself look kike a noob is SPELL CORRECTLY.

Besides this looks like another noobish thread to draw attention to your...uh...space invaders. (Better the "MMORPG")

DB generation: http://www.excaver.com/dbg
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Matrix Reformated
Blue Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2004 21:23 Edited at: 27th Feb 2004 21:23
Proshooter. I am meddie and Michael. meddie is my hotmail address. My name is Michael Eddie hence the meddie, M Eddie. So we only have four members and we havn't heard from phoenix5002 so it might only be three. And Proshooter is right, our space invaders game is gonna rock.

Rant over,

Michael

Intel Celron 2.6ghz, 256 MB Ram, 80gb HD,D DVD Rom, CD Rewriter,17" Flat pannel Monitior and DB Pro
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2004 23:24
Hi proshooter,

Sorry I had to lock the post in the other forums, but its definately in the right place now

Good luck with your game.

BlueGUI-Windows UI Plugin
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2004 01:06
Thanks again to everyone for there encouragement(don't bother telling me if thats spelt wrong.) One thing though what does MMORPG
stand for. Thanks again. You never know this might be the start of Eternal Destiny 2(or similar.) Thanks again. Oh and how do I go about making a custom avatar if anyone knows. Thanks again to everyone for not just picking faults.Thanks

"fireball"
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2004 01:08
Er, sorry I was rude above .

MMORPG stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Other versions of the word are simply MMO, which is obvious, and MMOFPS, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter (Planetside), and MUD. MUDs are the earliest versions of MMOs that date back decades; MUD stands for Multi-User Dungeon.

soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2004 01:44 Edited at: 28th Feb 2004 01:48
Thanks While I'm writing can someone tell me how to get those pics at the bottom of my posts(the ones that most people use as web links). Tnx

"fireball"
Wik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2004 06:11
You need webspace to upload pictures. then you use the [image] tags. Under profile you can link to custom avatars

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2004 06:16
Quote: "encouragement(don't bother telling me if thats spelt wrong.) "

That's actually spelt correctly.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
AnDrEy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2004 17:30
Quote: "to not make yourself look kike a noob is SPELL CORRECTLY.
"

Quote: "kike"

ummmm..... right

When I was little I knew I'd blow up and sell a mill or grow up to be a tilla go nuts and be a killa
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2004 22:05
I'm gonna say thanks to everyone for helping and our team is now...

The Code Monkeys
gamemaker jason
meddie
proshooter

I dont think i'll post on this thread again because I don't want to look like I just want it to stay at the top of the list(yes I realize posting this is doing just that.) So thanks to everyone that has made some sort of positive comment about our team/game and for now farewell.

"fireball"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 12:00:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 12:00:23