Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / School stuff...........

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2004 18:52
If anyone here has a school computer with websense/anything else that blocks pages with games and the sort, have the google solution: look it up (on google) and go to cached (if it has it...otherwse, you are screwed) and click on it....woilla, i just made some kid's life happier

Come crawling faster, Obey your Master, Your life burns faster, Obey your MASTER!!!
MASTER!!!
---Master of Puppets, Metallica
Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
the one in my school blocks google search words if they have the word game in it

Dig a pit and poo in it
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2004 18:58
that must suck...I'm sorry I couldn't help you

Come crawling faster, Obey your Master, Your life burns faster, Obey your MASTER!!!
MASTER!!!
---Master of Puppets, Metallica
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 01:28
My school doesn't waste any time and just blocks everything.

DB generation: http://www.excaver.com/dbg
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Matrix Reformated
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 02:47
In my old job, a new director got web blocking software installed. Mainly cos he was a complete p**ck. It stopped access to commonly visited sites and obvious types of site.

So we basically got annoyed by this, and found the address of one of our competitors. 3 or 4 of us then hit their vacancy page constantly about once a second for about 20 minutes (we were on overtime). We were really annoyed.

Anyhows, the director then had a word with our manager about how all his teamleaders were obviously checking out competitors sites, and how he had to sort it out. The manager knew what we had been doing (he suggested it down the pub) and basically got the director to drop the software. Heh heh.

Funnily a bloke who worked at the competitor who we knew (used to work with us) then turned up at the pub 2 days later, wondering how we were all doing (after 2 years of not seeing him). Heh.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 04:38
Ahahah thats awesome Dazzag

We need help! Email us! join@eternaldestinyonline.com
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 05:59 Edited at: 29th Feb 2004 05:59
Few tips from ol' HZ:

1.) If you have access to the command prompt, just type open it and type 'whois (website name...without the www)'. That'll give you the IP address. In some cases (not all) using the IP address in IE can get you around the darn thing.

2.) See if there isn't an alternate URL for the site you're trying to access. For example, my school has www.aim.com blocked; however, it doesn't have www.aolinstantmessenger.com blocked, lol.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 06:00
ours has www.andkon.com blocked, but not andkon.com blocked

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 16:31 Edited at: 29th Feb 2004 18:18
Hehe, the fun you can have with a "NET SEND" and an RM network

"They misunderestimated us" - George Bush
"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed LINUX. "

Formerly David89.
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 17:19
Where I study, using a Proxy is enough.
I go to anonymouse.ws and I type the web page I want there.
Only problem is, it's a bit slow.

(1 + 2 + 3 + 4)^2 =(1^3)+(2^3)+(3^3)+(4^3)
100=1+8+27+64
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 17:26
Yes, David T, I do enjoy the command prompt, but the stupid b*tch substitute had to tell the b*tch teacher about it, so we can't use the command prompt

AnDrEy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 18:04 Edited at: 29th Feb 2004 18:09
Mr X THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU You just mad my whole day- omantel (my provider only one in the country blocked sites) hahahahaha THANKYOU (altough ananymouse works better but thanks everyone I have been looking for these type of things for 5 months now )

When I was little I knew I'd blow up and sell a mill or grow up to be a tilla go nuts and be a killa
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 18:07
you're welcome

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
websense is so gay and easy to get around my old school nevr did DNS checks so you could confuse websense in a fun little way also doing that command prompt ect ect.

But then again i also put keyloggers on the schools computers...good old teacher accounts =)

The search continues.

Current project - A space game
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 18:24 Edited at: 29th Feb 2004 18:24
Quote: "Yes, David T, I do enjoy the command prompt, but the stupid b*tch substitute had to tell the b*tch teacher about it, so we can't use the command prompt"

There is this program, net send destroyer, that you can use to get around the restriction. Very fun - in moderation. I personally haven't used it, but I've seen it used and it looks jolly good fun However people get suspicious when 1,000 messages are sent to their PC

Either that or open Excel, go into VBA and create a new form. Add a text box nad a button, double click on the button and type the following code:

Please note: I've never actually net sended / hacked somebody in my life. However fun it is, NET SEND is a bad idea because it's actually logged by the server!

"They misunderestimated us" - George Bush
"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed LINUX. "

Formerly David89.
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 18:44
it's not blocked, we just can't get on it

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 20:43
Wait a second! Whats net send and how do you use it?

~I see one problem with your reasoning: The fact is that is a chicken~
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 23:03 Edited at: 29th Feb 2004 23:03
Homeschool .

*Has never had to deal with a single content blocker*

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hehe, the fun you can have with a "NET SEND" and an RM network "

All the time...

Open command prompt and type a line with this syntax:

Net Send (computer name) (message)

IE:

Net Send ORA17 hey what's up

You have to know the computer names, but ours have theirs stuck on them so that isn't a problem for us...heh.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
AluminumPork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2004 08:24 Edited at: 1st Mar 2004 08:26
Man oh man, have I had some experiences with large public school system networks and their rules. I took a CISCO certification class in 10th grade. It seemed that the majority of computers had Jedi Knight,Quake III and Unreal Tournament on them from previous years. We figured out how that if you renamed a file to "notepad.exe" or "calc.exe" then it would run. I think they set it up to only run the EXE's they specified. So that was the way around that. Obviously DOS prompt was blocked, so we just download Qbasic 4.5, re-named it's exe to "notepad.exe" and ran it, then went to command-prompt from there. One of my friends actually wrote a small program in QB to contantly send repeated messages to Denfeld High School (3 networked highschools in the city). Man oh man did he get in trouble though. It was funny while it lasted. But then the thing that pissed me off was when I got suspended for using WinZip. They even had screenshots of me doing it. GRR... I hate network software like that. It seemed as if they (administration) had been watching just the CISCO class computers ever since the NETSEND incident and caught me installing and using WinZip (gasp!!). What a load of crap, so I ended up leaving that school system before I served my "consequences" and got into a charter school that actually embraced computers and uses them to their full potential.

And that is my story. Oh yeah, my old school district did block by IP's as well.

P4 2.4Ghz HT, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 128MB, 19" Viewsonic, 80GB HD

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2004 08:28
Caught you installing WINZIP? The horror! How dare you! Obviously you were only going to use it to install games! Go see the principal right now young man

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2004 10:26 Edited at: 1st Mar 2004 10:29
Yeah, they disabled the cmd prompt in our school as well so we wrote a similar Shell app but actually in VB and not Excel. Then they screwed around with the Net Send service so that wouldn't work. Now we use:

NetMessageBufferSend

Can specify the Server, To Name, From Name, and the message. Anonymous net sends a beautiful, they can't track us down!

The best part though is our school uses a UserID system for everything, so if your name was Brown, your UserID would be something like BRO0005 or BRO0006, it's unique so the number at the end would depend on who it was. The school has 2 apps on its LAN, the first records your UserID and the computer your own and saves it to a log file, the second is used for time tables but has a database with every person in the school, their userID, and other info (gender, etc). We linked these 2 apps with our net send app so we can basically just type in a name, our program checks through the database and grabs their UserID then runs through the log files and finds what computer they're on and sends an anonymous net send to them. Fun Fun!

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:45:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:45:14