Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can't see text!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi can anyone help me? My problem is that I have created a game with a menu, when I select start from the menu the game starts with some text, the problem is the text does not display!! I have used the print command, have I used the wrong command? Should I use another one?
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2004 16:07
Is The Backdrop Turned On? If so the text is not displayed unless you call it during a loop... If you have any 3D objects or have had any, you have to use the command "Backdrop Off"... If you want to keep the Backdrop on then you must tell the computer to display the text every time the screen refreshes.

Well... I hope that helps...(Is it just me or do I say "Well... I hope that helps" alot?)

Do not thwart the way of the dragon. For thou tasteth like chicken.
phukol
Years of Service
User Offline
and also sometimes, if you downloaded your video card driver with XP certification- DBC cant display the text - both in EXE and in running the compiled code. So why not give it a try also. Use your old videocard driver without the XP certification- if you really can't see the text- might just also work with you.

phukol
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2004 23:10
If using DBPro make sure you havent got DRAW TO BACK set. Try DRAW TO FRONT before displaying the menu. Also as Game_Creator said a well placed sync may help as well.

Jas

----
Http://www.jsun.co.uk
Spaweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2004 18:19
Also, if backdrop's on, you're printing the text every loop, and you still can't see the text, you might need to reset the ink every loop.

I had this problem when I made my first 3D game in DBC.
Arutha
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help guys got it working now, it was a mixer of both backdrop being on and this command Sync: Sync Rate 60 think its that cant remember fully. Anyways thanks again for the help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:30:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:30:36