Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Collision, Sliding Collision... Please help a newbie...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I'm a big newbie to DBPro, and I'm just trying to learn some things on Collision. What I want to know is, why my sphere can't walk up that ramp I have in my code. What it dose there is just pass right through it... I would be a little happier if the ramp would at least stop the sphere. Can anyone help me here?
nuclear glory
Years of Service
User Offline
Collision has always been a royal pain in DB. Are you using DBPro or DB Classic?

In either case, you'll want to check out our collision system (website link below). It can handle collisions against complex .X models and such too. So, a plain mesh is not a problem.

Lead Programmer/Director
Powerful Collision DLL for DBPro and DBC: http://www.nuclearglory.com
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2004 09:26
if you are using DBPro, you can make sliding collision with the "intersect object" command... there are some examples in the codebase I think, as well as the forums (run a search).

my current game uses the intersect object command for excellent, fast collision.

of course the NG system is pretty sweet too

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
mm0zct
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2004 01:32 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2004 01:34
if you use bsp collision is pretty easy, i have some simple collision stuff and a complex gravity with jumping version
simple (no jump):

this sets the camera to point just up slightly them moves it forwards so it goes forwards and up a little, then the gravity pulls it back to the ground. this allows it to go up slopes or stairs, if you want a look at the more complicated example it'll be in the codebase soon but it relies on a collision system stopping the camera going through the level, it is only for moving along the floor on the level but also being able to go up stairs, it goes along the floor even when you look up.

http://www.larinar.tk
AMD athlon thoroughbred 2200, 512Mb ram, 40Gb HD, ati saphire radeon 9600 atlantis w/128mb ddr ram, good creative-labs soundcard, cd-rw + dvd drives.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:09:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:09:57