Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Predator 2 DVD

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2004 03:59
Anyone got the Predator 2 DVD? If so, I have a favour to ask. I need someone to record some sound samples from the movie for me, as I need them for a remix. I'm remixing a track called Shadowlandz by an old skool drum'n'bass producer called Flytronix (not sure if anyone has heard of him) at his request. It features a whole load of sound bites from the Predator films, but I only have access to Predator 1 and not Predator 2. Predator 2 is also not available to rent from my local video store, which sucks much ball.

If anyone has Predator 2 on DVD, and can record some sound samples for me, that'd be superb. It has to be the DVD version, so you can get full quality sound rips, and obviously you'll have to know how to record the sound. Basically an instance of sound forge, cooledit or even sound recorder, recording on 44khz, 16bit stereo, recording the WAV or "what you hear" input will suffice. This is not illegal sampling, as Flytronix has already obtained the rights for his '96 original track, and I have the same permissions.

This aint exactly the forum for it, but I can't post it on my usual music forums because I'm trying to keep this release low profile as a surprise for the other people in my scene. It's gonna be a stonker, but I need those sound samples for completeness. Besides, lots of people come here, and I'm sure someone is bound to have the DVD.

Anyway, strange request I know, but anyone got that DVD to hook me up? Nice one!

Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
M00NSHiNE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2004 18:06
Bah, I just checked play.com and the only way you can get predator 2 on dvd is to get the double 1&2 edition. Ive already bought the special edition of the first, so I doubt I'm gonna buy the same film twice just for pred 2. Thats a shame because Ive got soundforge and have done a lot of sampling for music before. What I can try and do is have a go at convincing my dad to get it... but thats unlikely...

Not bad though, for £12. Except theres no special features. I will try and get back to you but dont hold your breath...

Currently thinking of a new company name
Sticking to a project idea for once
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2004 22:42
Nice one. But if the combo is for £12, I reckon that's a good buy! The first is a stonking classic that I don't own - its my housemate who has it, so I might go for that double pack.

If you can get hold of it though, that'd be sweet. Cheers.

Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Now what does Predator 2 and Pincho have in common?

M00NSHiNE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2004 20:49
I have no idea, Pincho. I'll try to get it fallout, meantime have you tried renting it? Only be a few quid and in a couple of nights you could sample everything you wanted.

Currently thinking of a new company name
Sticking to a project idea for once

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:46:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:46:17