Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need general help(no specifications)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
As everybody once was, I'm quite the newbie to the Language DarkBASIC. I've never used Cartography Shop before either, and so its new to me how they work together. However, I'm not too bad in python, but still a begginer.

My question is, is there anybody who is willing to just be there and help me out? As in, I have a question or a problem, and they get on AIM or MSN and walk me through it, or give me hints. I'm pretty much looking for someone who I can turn to for problems or questions, and not have to post it in the forum and wait for an answer.

Generally, I'm going to be asking questions about modules, using Cartography shop levels in DarkBASIC, and how to get characters to move this way and that, and AI. Whoever helps me should not be ending up doing page(s) of code, simply giving me examples or editing code.

I only request that the person who is willing to help me out spends a lot of time online(I spend about 40-50 hours a week, so I would be glad for someone to come at least 1/2 of that), has SOME patience(I'm really not THAT new), and has a good foundation of knowledge to DarkBASIC and Cartography Shop.

If anyone is willing, please just Email me at nightmare637321@hotmail.com I would be very thankful for any help; after all, programming requires hard work and its so much easier to learn from people than it is to learn from books. I'll also be checking this post, but not as much, which is why I ask for an email....

Webmaster of:
www.mediashrine.com
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2004 02:33
While I don't use Cartography shop, I've got some general info. on darkbasic that can help you.

Follow my sig to the darkbasic section, and you'll find tutorials.

I offer personal contact for coding at my forums(follow the sig ),if you need help with DB specific programming.
So if you need help programming with db, just head over to CurvedBasic and you'll find all you need.

(I spend about 1-2 hours a day checking the CurvedBasic forums on and off)

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2004 03:34
I also visit the forums and am willing to help anyone with darkbasic on there
Saikoro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2004 04:09
Hey i dont use cartography shop too much either, but if u need any 2d help I would be more than happy to help you out. That is what I currently specialize in. You can check my sig to see my work in progress. BTW Im not to sure many people use cartography shop either... just thought you should know.

-Vash the Stampede

Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz 1024MB Ram NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 128MB 19" LCD DVI Viewsonic

Nightmare 637
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, thanks a lot guys!!! I really apreciate your help. Having mroe than one person to look to really makes learning the language more fun and easy

Webmaster of:
www.mediashrine.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:35:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:35:27