Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Tutorial 1 Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Having worked through Tutorial 1 all I get is an error message when I press F5

#100008: Parameter for 'GET IMAGE' do not match 'Image Number, Left, Top, Right, Bottom' at Line 18

As a DBPro complete novice, who expected the example to work, can anybody tell me what is wrong?

Poppy
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2004 21:14
being a computer language you have to put exactly what the compiler/interpreter expects, even a tiny typo will stop the code from working, check the following

the GET IMAGE command has exactly five numbers following it

between GET IMAGE and the first number is a space

all the numbers are seperated by a comma, the key next to M ...NOT a full stop

any 0 IS a zero and NOT a o or a O

where I say number above some of those may be names (I don`t have the example to hand), tutorial 1 in my manual is "hello world", "caverun", the example in the fasttrack learning section, has the get image command, you can actualy find the code in the DB folder

Dark Basic/Help/Fast/caverun/....

if you want to just try it out and see how it is actualy typed, (db classic tutorials I assume?) cheers.

Mentor.

1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, ATI radeon 9800 pro gfx, 6 way surround sound, 2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster, ups.
Poppy
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Mentor, I have not typed the code at all, I simply opened your source file for tutorial one and pressed the run key, after having done all the other bits in the tutorial. Have put a copy of the code in the code window below.

Poppy.

Poppy
Poppy
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok Solved it!
There was an extra 0 on the end of the two "get image" lines! Took them off and it works fine. You might want to amend the code in the tutorial.

On to number 2. Actually wish I could stick to VB, but it won't animate like DB, and in these days of less staff and more work we are all expected to learn some animation software!

Thanks for help, I'm fairly sure I'll be back!

Poppy
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2004 21:33 Edited at: 8th Mar 2004 21:35
from your comment I think you are using the DB Pro online tutorial but in DB classic, the extra values are used in Pro commands, not in Classic, if you have bought the program then you might want to ask some of the other forum members for the location of some classic tutorials other than those in the manual (that was what I was assumeing you where working from), if you are using the demo then swap to the DB pro demo, the commands are mostly the same but you get extra speed and more features (plus tutorial 2 will probably bring you to an abrupt halt if you are using classic), cheers.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, ATI radeon 9800 pro gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster, ups.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:30:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:30:36