Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Artifical Intelligence

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can anyone link me to a tutorial on AI programming.

Looking for newbie DBpro programmers to learn with e-mail me if your interested!
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2004 20:37
http://www.google.com

-RUST-
"What the... Moooooooo!"
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2004 21:08 Edited at: 5th Mar 2004 21:09
Search for Amit's programming site, a ton of good stuff there.

Given your problem in the other post, you're about 3-6 months away from needing any AI code.
--
TAZ

Odin The Great
Years of Service
User Offline
*sigh* 3-6 months..

Looking for newbie DBpro programmers to learn with e-mail me if your interested!
Odin The Great
Years of Service
User Offline
Amit's website has alot of interesting links, but I can't find any DBpro material on here.

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2004 23:17 Edited at: 5th Mar 2004 23:18
You didn't ask for DB material.

To be a top notch DB programmer your going to have to learn the syntax of the language very well. From there, you'll have enough insight so you can read examples in other languages and say, "I can take that idea and write it up in DB."
--
TAZ

DB is a fairly new language, you will not find a lot of AI material written specifically for it.

Odin The Great
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, well for the rest of the people who read this post, I mean for DBpro

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2004 00:08 Edited at: 6th Mar 2004 00:08
[listens to the chirping crickets]

Have you thought about searching the forums here for AI? You're not the first person to ask, ya know.
--
TAZ

Yeah, I might be an ass somethings. But, I'm trying to free your mind. Programming is more than 'gimmie the codez', it requires study, research skills, applying logic, etc.

PowerFang
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2004 06:15
Best way is to search the net for AI articles and take what you read from them and convert it to DBpro. There are tons of "Theory" AI articles on the net that can be ported to any language.........nothings about AI is going to come easy, well good AI anyway.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2004 13:45
at least he didn`t ask for an AI function, some people think AI can just be a function (eg position object (AI positions) lol ), you can have aspects that can be reduced to functions (pathfinding for eg), but even then the pathfinding for a turn based strategy is totaly different from the pathfinding in a space flight combat simulation.

There just comes a point where you have to get your fingers dirty and just go in and code the thing from scratch, the ideas are what matter, understand what the articles are talking about and you have most of the method mapped out for you, from that to the final code is a small step, like all coding the hardest part is getting an idea of how to do it in the first place.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, ATI radeon 9800 pro gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster, ups.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:35:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:35:23