Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I cant figure this out.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2004 04:28 Edited at: 7th Mar 2004 04:28
I have looked at the ng dll and stuff but I still have no idea how to make an object walk along its enviorment. (not go through the ground, tilt with it)

could anyone post example code, of explain the basic principals to me?

quad 10k terrahert cpu| 9k^9k terrabyte(tb) hd|stolen military graphics card capable of rendering all of the pixar movies in 5 secs|999^9k tb of ram

15in monitor with 13in veiwable screen
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2004 04:43
Their sample programs are fairly well commented. Have you torn them apart and digested the comments there?
--
TAZ

Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2004 15:20
The Binary Moon tutorial has a section on tilting with the landscape but I am not 100% sure that is what you are looking for but here is the link straight to that section.

http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=t02/bm_tutorial_33

This just uses the built in DarkBasic Commands (Classic).

Wasting CPU Cycles since the 286 was a hot machine.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2004 23:05
FYI, I was referring to the sample programs that come with the Nuclear Glory Collision DLL.
--
TAZ

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2004 01:07
If you look at the sample programs zircher mentioned you'll noticed this. The way NG works is you move your object, then it checks if it collided with anything, and if it did moves it back to the appropriate spot. So you could now have a constant force pushing downward on your character and there is your gravity. Put something like this in your loop:

Or to make things easier use the SetObjectGravity() command that came with NG.

Crazy Donut Productions
Current Project: KillZone

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:30:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:30:34