Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Something that i just want to work out is....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If i make a game with DB and sold it and gave a T3DGM game with it for free would that be breaking any liecense agreements. Also will we be able to sell software made with The FPS Maker when it is released?
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2004 12:34
if you are allowed to distribute free TDGM games without any royalties then as long as you have the game available for download for free apart from the DB game you are selling then that should be ok, but you aint gonna get away with selling "hello world-the sequel" for ten sponduliks and only having the TDGM game available via that route, the TDGM game would have to be available for free seperatley as well, otherwise it isn`t free since the only way to get it would be to pay for the other "game", if you are trying to dodge royalties then don`t even think about it, all you will get for your trouble is your PC confiscated and a criminal record for copyright violation or fraud, as for the FPS maker, I should think TGM are going down the licencing road, so FPS maker will probably have similar conditions to TDGM, of course you can avoid this by using DB (Pro or Classic), all the features of either of the gamemakers, and considerably more flexible, cheers.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, ATI radeon 9800 pro gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster, ups.
Gecko
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:38:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:38:56