Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / PS2 & db can work.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
http://www.us.playstation.com/peripherals.aspx?id=SCPH-97047

if you know how to use linux and tweak the ps2 a little you can make windows 98 work on the system i got quake 2 working.

and the xbox is possible with a mod chip and some tweaking - have not tried....yet
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2004 09:38
Thats phat yo! Now I just gotta let talk my friend into letting me "borrow" his ps2!

"eureka" - Archimedes
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2004 09:43
Thats for Linux by the way - you would still need some sort of emulator to run Windows games.

The place for all great plug-ins.
XP3000+,1Gb RAM,FX5600,1Mb ADSL,Router,.Net 2003 Pro & me
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2004 11:25 Edited at: 9th Mar 2004 11:26
Ahh good ol' linux. Works on everything but the kitchen sink.
-------
UPDATE: Kitchen Sink distro coming soon on sourceforge.

... and the rest is f-l-y
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2004 11:49
Funny story :

Got the lastest Linux Format magazine, to try the distros that can run from the DVD.

Tried the Sun Java one - crashes on two machines during initialisation (a TFT and a standard monitor one) - get a nice blank black screen. Have to reset the computer.
Tried the Koppix(sp?) one - works fine, except for one slight problem : Doesn't recognise the nVidia itergrated network chip, so cant use the Internet on it. At least this one now knows about TFT monitors.

Still waiting for Linux to catch up...

The place for all great plug-ins.
XP3000+,1Gb RAM,FX5600,1Mb ADSL,Router,.Net 2003 Pro & me
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2004 11:58
I once played Manic Miner on a Spectrum emulator running on an Atari ST emulator running on a PC, but trying to play DB games on a PS2 is just silly.

Listen all ye DB console hopefuls - We'd all love to code for consoles, and you can if you like C++, but until Gates commisions Lee to code DBPro-Xbox, there's nothing we can do, so don't waste your time.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2004 14:16
Unless there finnaly is a OGL DarkBASIC
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2004 14:27
Hehe, where's the fascination with OGL - OGL sucks, leave that to them Blitzers who are forever dreaming about BlitzMax and scary world beyond DX7. OGL is so difficult to program and so hardware specific that even if Lee made a version of DBPro that rendered using OGL, you'd still be stuck for 2D, sound, music, and there's still no way you'd get it working on anything but a PC. Come to terms with it dude, DB-OGL will never ever happen.

Our very best hope is that we'll see a language like DBPro for the X-Box, but even that will never happen because frankly, professionals don't want us to make our own games on consoles, neither does M$. I suppose we should have supported Net Yaroze more, then hobbiest console programming would have been taken more seriously.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2004 14:33
I know their arent gonna make OGL-DB, only hope they could make a language as easy and good as db for multi-platform.
james1980
Years of Service
User Offline
i bought the kit over 2 years ago i think and it can do more than people think plus you can modify the ps2 config files and tweak it to your liking frogot what i did to get win98 to work but it was not very hard for a sucky programer and quake2 ran on software mode only in 640x480 any lower or higher it would crash plus it can run c++ compliers so it should run db no prob.

only thing for keeping me from testing it is i broke my ps2 by dropping it a few months ago.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:51:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:51:27