Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Static objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, I'm not exactly a newcomer, but how do you make a collision check to see if something hits a static object? I want to use static objects for the wall around my 3D overhead level because it's so much faster FPS wise than making 400 or so objects and placing them around the board. Any ideas?

And, if I saved a static level using save static objects, to load up the level, would I just have to type load static objects and then it would place the entire level on my map?
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2004 21:52
i think there is a command:

static collision()

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Mougli
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2004 12:02 Edited at: 10th Mar 2004 12:04
When you load static objects the level is exactly as you saved it(including textures and collision areas) , i use this myself for level creation using a simple editor i created.

To make an object collid with static objects you need to make static collision boxes when you create each static object, then you need to define an area that you want to collide with the static areas:

this would be for an FPS(code),but if you just copy and paste it ,it probably won't work cos i dun it at college.It should show you how to do it though.

Is the glass half empty - or half full?
you can have it all - Just not all at once

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:38:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:38:40