Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sprite Command

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello All,

having a first stap at DarkBasic Pro and working with the Beginner's Guide to DARKBASIC Game Programming. Any way on chapter 11 doing some work with sprits, Can any one tell me why I always end with my sprits being displyed on a blue screen ?

Code as below, any helpp would be good.

David.

By the sword -}-----
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2004 01:22
The only reason I could find would be maybe because the background.bmp thing is blue, but that's probably not the case. I was just reading through the book, and I noticed that they teach you the stupidest thing ever created in the history of mankind. Instead of using LOAD BITMAP, and then GET IMAGE, just use LOAD IMAGE.

Replace this:
load bitmap ("smith.bmp"), 1
set current bitmap 1
get image 1,0,0,27,27
set current bitmap 0
sprite 1,170,90,1

With this:
load image "smith.bmp", 1
sprite 1,170,90,1

I remember finding out about LOAD IMAGE in the 3d chapter and getting really mad. Most people use it for loading textures I guess......but I don't see why since .x files automatically load textures.

Crazy Donut Productions
Current Project: KillZone
Brains SA
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks, will keep trying !!!

By the sword -}-----
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2004 14:25 Edited at: 10th Mar 2004 14:26
It's not you - It's DBPro.

http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=dbpro_tutorials

There is a way to get rid of the bluescreen and have the backsave enabled, but it is so slow, it's really not worther bothering with

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:29:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:29:13