Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / HElP WITH TEXT SCROLL: DB TYPE SCROLLING

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2004 00:24
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET TEXT TYPE DATA TO SCROLL. IM MAKING A TRAINING PROGRAM FOR WORK THAT IS PURELY TEXT AND MOSTLY CONTAINS INPUT AND PRINT COMMANDS BUT WHEN IT GETS TO THE END OF THE PAGE IT DOESN'T SCROLL. THE TEXT JUST GOES INTO THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. ANY SUGGESTIONS...

The Wizard Of Iz
comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2004 01:34 Edited at: 14th Mar 2004 01:34
if you want to scroll it from right to left do this

if it for down to up

CURRENT PROJECT: RETRO PAC-MAN
IzzY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2004 02:35
Thank for the reply commando. I think you know the answer but my question was a little unclear. The code you gave me does scroll but not the way I was wanting. So i'll explain clearer. I need to be able to scroll like you would if you were typing in msdos. Meaning that when I reach the last line of the window another line appears; the text just doesn't disappear into the bottom of the screen where you cant see it. I need to be able to type continous text. The scroll function you gave me just make text scroll on the screen not when i reach the last line of the window. What I need is when I reach the last line a new line appears and doesn't just disappear into the bottom of the screen...Any suggestions??? I put my code with this post....HELP~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a training program im making for SABRE; A airline booking system....

The Wizard Of Iz
Saikoro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2004 05:49
You could just put a CLS in there somewhere, like line 27 or something. Its not too pretty, but it gets the job done. Otherwise I dunno.

-Vash the Stampede

"This world is LOVE and PEACE!" -Vash the Stampede

Tim Ballisto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2004 22:39
make each line a string, and when you get to the bottom of the screen, take the first string off of the screen, and move everything up one line. try adding 1 to a real value for every new string and when it gets to 30 then subtract one and do the above
sorry if it's not very clear but i'm not too sure myself. if you get it to work then tell me how you did it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 00:36:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 00:36:11