Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / please help to remote a script

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2004 22:08
I have beat my head against the wall again.

I am trying to make a remote script to place my objects above the loop onto another file. I have tried the include whatever.dba in ever variation. Can somebody please instruct me anyway to write a simpl remote script to simply place anything off the main script to another file, even if its the texturing information without writing half a page of commands to make it work off the main page.

Maybe I am using the wrong extensions for the second file, I don't know, but it is driving me crazy.

Please help me! somebody

The ditsy blonde

Beth

Beth
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2004 23:18
I have read your message five times without understanding it.

Are you trying to load objects into the game via an included file?

All include files are .dba files.

Are you using DBC or DBP?
--
TAZ

3beth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2004 23:51 Edited at: 15th Mar 2004 23:56
TAZ,

OK I may have not made myself clear, my mistake. In other languages ie javascript as an example you can use the whatever.js to take a lot of the redunant scripts off the main main and put the objects on a secondary script. I am using dark basic classic and I am trying to relieve the size of the main script on the main file, ie remove either the objects to a second page or some of the scripts, the main page is now over a megabyte and it should be reduced by remoting some of the script off the page to another sub page.

I hope this clears some of the problems understanding this.

And Yes I would like to get all the objects off the main page or I will have a 50 meg file before it is all over.

Beth

Beth
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2004 00:06
Ok, you can definately do that with DBP. I'm not sure about DBC. So, I'll have to turn that over to someone else.

3beth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2004 00:19
ok TAZ,

Go ahead and tell me how to do it in dbpro. I will try and work some magic and make it work in classic but I have to have something to start from.

Beth

Beth
Trowbee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2004 03:30
DBC = #include "filename"

DBP, its a setting in the compiler, under files
3beth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2004 06:32
Trowbee

Thanks for the start. Can you make normal page entries on that page, install it above or below the loop command? and what is the page file extension. I need some more info please.

Beth

Beth
Trowbee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2004 15:09
Sort of.

An external source can only include functions (although, you can include global variable to make variables global).

In DBC, you should really only #include at the beginning and not in a loop, as the compiler puts the functions where you call #include from. Calling it from within a loop will waste loads of time (and may throw up an error).

The page file extension is .dba although I dont know if its particularly picky about the extension (ie: call it whatever you want, just make sure its a valid name)

-----

Main source

#include source

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 03:01:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 03:01:24