Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / For a good cause

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2004 17:20
As some of you may recall I am currently injured with some broken ribs - I coughed this morning and broke one of them again .

Anyway I have a charity kart race coming up, in aid of the Antony Nolan trust which raises funds for people who need bone marrow transplants.

My father was in this position a few years ago, unable to get a transplant on the NHS the only alternative to save his life was a 1 million pound operation in the US. Fortunately for him (and me) his illness turned out to be a miss-diagnosis. We where lucky.

I intend to compete in the kart race despite my ribs because I dont want to let down either my team or the charity. I expect it to be painful.

I wouldn't normally seek sponsorship to do something that I would normally do anyway, but I consider this to be exceptional circumstances. If I can do an endurance kart race with broken ribs - perhaps you can find it in yourself to donate some money to a charity I believe is doing much good.

Additionally, being a UK registered charity, for any UK tax paying citizens for every £1 you donate the inland revenue will add on an extra 26 pence taken from your tax payment. To do this I will need to take personal details (name & address) and therefor I shall keep this voluntary, after all this is the internet and those of you who dont know me might suspect that I am some kind of net-psychopath !

You can email me details of your donation to andy@bansheestudios.com.

I can either create a Paypal button for you to donate through or I can give you my address to send a cheque.

Thank you all who consider this appeal and make a donation, for those that dont - i'll see you with my next game

Andy
Banshee Studios

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2004 18:39
I've got a couple of bucks left in my PayPal account I can throw your way. If you set up a PayPal button on your site, let me know.
--
TAZ

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2004 18:51
Zircher: Good idea you just had there...transferring Paypal remnants into a charity account.

For your info, personal details aren't too personal:

All Gift Aid declarations must contain:

the donor's name
the donor's home address
the charity's name
a description of the donations to which the declaration relates
a declaration that the donations are to be treated as Gift Aid donations
a note explaining the requirement that the donor must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax equal to the tax deducted from his or her donations.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 14:52:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 14:52:08