Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Ripping CDs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 09:42
Ok, i have a feeling this will be locked but i need to know.

I have some Digitally Protected CDs which dont like being ripped. As i spend hours on my laptop it would be great to get them on here or on my mp3 player

I need an audio recorder that can record the wave/mp3 channel. Any idea, its gotta be free / advert free. And it does not have to make mp3's, 32-bit Wave would be great.

These are for personal use only. Hell if you use the law by the letter you are not even allowed to put CDs onto your ipod.

Many Thanks,

- Martyn

Whats so good about living anywho?
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
Nero has a good audio editor that comes with it

http://www.tinnedhead.tk under re-construction.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 09:47
hehe,

I found it a bit weak, and would not allow me to cancel out sounds from other channels.

lagmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 12:40
dbpoweramp.com?

works everytime for me

lagmasteruk - http://www.lagmaster.net is alive! http://www.dbforums.co.uk/ - another db forum!

Dark Snippet Pro V9.2 is out!!
AnDrEy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 16:33
real 1 player auto rip and recognise tracks from internet and write ripped Cd's onto blanc disks

Im amzing,im crazy the hood dun made me feel like my emotions are froze i stay G'd Up,its
tha things tha i dun seen and the shit ive been through that made my heart turn cold
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 16:38
CDRWin does a handsome job of copying those weird format discs, maybe worth a try to see if it can seperate the data. A lot of those CD's with extras cause problems too, like the multisession ones with a video included, CDRWin can copy those easily.

Other than that there's only really sampling, like sampling the CD audio playback - it would loose a little quality, but I doubt it'd be noticable. Suppose it'd work as a last resort.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 17:19
i want to sample the playback.

The problem with playing through real / winamp / medai player is that they have insterted a clicking noise which sounds crap.

I am not likly to notice much of a problem with anything recorded as i dont sample very high quality.

AnDrEy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 17:23
clicking noise no, no such thing in real one player and you can choose between many qualities.

Im amzing,im crazy the hood dun made me feel like my emotions are froze i stay G'd Up,its
tha things tha i dun seen and the shit ive been through that made my heart turn cold
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 17:41
I'd use the standard CD player, from Windows9x - CDPlayer.exe in the windows dir. It's old enough to be free from the bull that Mediaplayer has and it's a straight hardware CD play, no sound processing or anything strange that would cause your problems.

Sorry if you've already tried that.

Van-B

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 17:42 Edited at: 19th Mar 2004 17:44
I had luck with cdex http://www.cdex.n3.net/ with the single protected cd I have come across.
Not sure why this would be locked, there are loads of legitamate reasons for wanting the audio off a cd. The one I had was my dads as he wanted to listen to it in the car.

edit: the protected one I had wouldn't even play under the windows cd player. You would need a stereo and record it through your sound card.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 17:45
Hell yeah, I have hundreds of MP3's at work that I listen to every day - but I have the originals at home. I've never been a big fan of downloading tunes, but it's handy to have an mp3 backup for when some punk kid uses your CD as a frisbee.

Van-B

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 18:19
Not legal to make copies od CDs for any purposes in the UK.

I have tried normal hardware playing, but it doesnt change a thing, still clicks and hisses.

Its the protection on the newer hardware which causes it, not so much the player, although the CDs have a player on them that will rip out the noise.

I know they work normal on old cd players, but they wont work on my motherboard, i got a DVD-RW and CD-RW, both give hisses.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 14:50:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 14:50:59