Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Thanks for the help, but...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I will stick to C++, it seem like I could do so much more with it then I could with DBP. So instead I will invest my money elsewhere (but still into my game ) So yeah, have fun DBing.

- Join the Mystics or Perish, http://www.LandofMystics.tk
Code Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 21:44
Really, you can. DBC/P were made for making games. End of story. C++ you can make, well, anything with. Makes for an easyer time in the longrun. Now for those who are like me and cant learn C++ (either because they're too young to be offered the courses in school or they just cant learn by reading a book [both me]) DBC/P are life savers so... meh

PC: Pentium II, 333Mhz, 128 Mb SDRAM, 20 & 4Gb hard drives, 8Mb Videocard, DBC 1.13
~Dragael Software
Gav_b_uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 22:11
C++....I dream of being able to program that to its full potential. Been trying since I was 17 on and off (now 27). Finding DB a doddle so far though (had it 2 days and almost complete my first little space invaders type game)....suppose that's due my child hood being lost to STOS and AMOS basic.

Well, good luck with the C++ and if you ever feel like teaching someone how to get on with it to its full potential.....please feel free to give me a shout!
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 22:24
not that C++ is going anywhere, anytime soon, you all may want to consider the future and C# (.NET managed languages) yes even for making games in the near future. The DX9 SDK is already released for managed code like C# and VB.NET.

may want to give it some thought/consideration
Good Luck

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo available now!
Code Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 22:38
Gav I know how you feel... 'cept i tried using C++ at 13 (now 15)... then i bought the Learn to Program BASIC CD from interplay... then I found out that BASIC was obsolite and found DB... and im rambling agian... lol

PC: Pentium II, 333Mhz, 128 Mb SDRAM, 20 & 4Gb hard drives, 8Mb Videocard, DBC 1.13
~Dragael Software

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 02:38:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 02:38:27