Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Spring Break!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2004 07:49 Edited at: 20th Mar 2004 07:50
YEAAAA!!! Spring Break has started . Got a whole week free... what I got planned? Nothin... . Ohh well... guess it'll give me a chance to catch up on some coding .

While im ranting, by chance anyone else here on their spring break also?

Night Giant
Years of Service
User Offline
mine starts next week, and also the end of this quarter, and the start of the last quarter of my high school career , lol.

oh, wow. insignificantpunks.cjb.net. we like orange treble clef notes, just for future reference.

no: website for progs yet.
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2004 08:57
o_O Mine starts like... week after next... or somethin like that... -_- my school is nazi...

[url=(http://www.puffinteractive.com)]
EVERYONE LOVES THE PUFF!... =)[/url]

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2004 12:01
The kids in my area are in their last week of TWO WEEKS off. I can't believe it. *TWO* weeks.

AnDrEy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2004 16:30
I get two weeks after a week of work experience starting next saturday. saturday=monday in muslim countries

Im amzing,im crazy the hood dun made me feel like my emotions are froze i stay G'd Up,its
tha things tha i dun seen and the shit ive been through that made my heart turn cold
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2004 16:31
in england we call it the easter holidays

In the beginning, the universe was created...
This made alot of people very angry and it has been widely regarded as a bad idea...
Visit http://redeye.dbspot.com
stann65
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2004 18:09
usually i use the easter holiday to go out with mates and stuff but i got to revise a lot of school work this time for my Key Stage3 SAT's that i have the week after i go back

go onto my site
Night Giant
Years of Service
User Offline
heh, we're not allowed to call it easter holiday in the states, we used to but no more. now it's spring break and winter holiday.

oh, wow. insignificantpunks.cjb.net. we like orange treble clef notes, just for future reference.

no: website for progs yet.
DarkSin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2004 00:25
yep... liberals have even taken away christmas break and just call it winter break for "political correctness".

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2004 04:09
Down under it's currently Autumn and we call it "holidays" and have 2 weeks off. Our other holidays are:

April 2nd - April 19th (Autumn)
June 25th - July 12th (Winter)
September 17th - October 4th (Spring)
December 17th - January 29th (Summer)

So as you can see, we get a really sweet deal of 2 weeks holidays for the first 3 terms and the last one is more of a floating date. For instance, Primary (Elementary) schools and the first 2 years of high school get the date I put while the middle 2 years of high school finish at about November 20th. However, this is my last year of school so I'll probably finish around the 20th of October, giving me about 4 months of break before I head off to Uni.

Our school system also makes a whole lot more sense in that we start the school year in January and finish in December. Unlike you crazy americans changing years halfway through and what-not. Crazy!

Anyway, enough of my bragging.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
DarkSin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2004 04:11 Edited at: 21st Mar 2004 04:12
showoff...

HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " my school is nazi"

We don't get sprink break. If your school is Nazi, what does that make mine?

Quote: "heh, we're not allowed to call it easter holiday in the states, we used to but no more. now it's spring break and winter holiday."

Oh, but in White Christian Suburbia USA, we do still call it Christmas Vacation and Easter Vacation.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 13:52:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 13:52:02