Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Bullets in FPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
As I understand after reading DBC tutorials and this forum, the easiest way to simulate a gunshot in FPS is to create a sphere, position it at camera location and set it to its orientation when firing, move it and detect its collision with potential targets.
However, in the "life-like" situation of a tiny bullet going very fast, chances are the sphere will go through its target without being detected for collision, being in front of target at a moment and behind it the moment after.
So what are your methods to bypass this ? I've tried some, such as firing several spheres, positioning an instant cylindric line of sight in front of the gun or trying to calculate the correct orientation of the aim with trigonometric formulas... All failures. Any good advice ?
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2004 01:23 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2004 01:24
try putting these lines in the appropriate sections of code(this is for DBC)and put the speed value very high
Maelstrom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2004 02:01
I came across this also. Rather than move an object to see if it hit another object i used the intersect object command. Although i had much better success with Nuclear Glory's RayIntersectTypePRO()command. Not sure if either work with DBC as i was using DBPro but it might be worth a look at.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 02:30:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 02:30:34