Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / small voices

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Please take a moment and look at this wonderful page from
MADRE: An International Women's Human Rights Organization

http://www.madre.org/co_iraq_thanksgiving.html
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 21:29
-A November 2002 poll by the Christian Science Monitor shows that a majority of US citizens now support the assassination of foreign leaders in the “war on terror” and that one in four can imagine backing the use of nuclear weapons. This growing willingness to support violence reflects the fear that has become a common denominator of public life in the US since September 11, 2001. As people committed to human rights, we can point out ways that the Bush Administration has sought to channel this fear into support for its war against Iraq (for example, by lying about Iraqi involvement in the September 11 attacks, as the White House did again on September 26, 2002). And we can point out that this exploitation of grief and fear for political gain is a form of violence

Give me a Fraggin Break there...

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 00:47
"Give me a Fraggin Break there..."

Grim, but funny.

Who wants cake? I've got a little slice of hell for everyone.
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 11:43
and i always thought we wanted to kill us some terrorists because they killed our civilians without provoction... oh well i guess im out of the loop... and bush wants to attack iraq to get the people who tried to kill his fater... the italics are roughly his words... and oil... he wants his oil safe... =\ well were just going to have to rough out the end of america that bush has created... O_O YEH WE CAN FIGHT TWO WARS... give me a break... =\ i think that someone needs to step in and stop him... mutany and civil unrest are bad things... and the 1 out of 4 people would be a hick that doesnt see the posibilty that maybe just maybe other countrys have nukes too... and they wont wait to see where that nuke is going from america... its just going to be a nuke fest... 12 can destroy the world ... imagine 70,000 (thats the number that russia + the us have)...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 11:44
hrmmm fater whats that... father*

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 12:03
and they wont wait to see where that nuke is going from america...

Are you saying america are going to launch a nuke at Iraq? If america did launch a nuke they wouldn't do it from america, even us brits have the ever so useful trident subs with nukes on board. Even if other countries did detect the missile, A) America would probably inform those countries before hand like russia. B) Missiles still have a long travel time, people wouldn't immediatly launch as soon as a little blip appeared on a screen, otherwise we would all be dead years ago.

Lets not all forget that a nuke is a weapon of MASS destruction and wouldn't fit in with the recent policy of surgical strikes on key targets, and it wouldn't go down well with NATO either.

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 12:07
=D oh trust me they wouldnt care... its the tinyest excuse to nuke the us who everyone hates... even our allies resent us... =\ simply because we play world dictator... yeh Vietnam... our fight NO... Bosnia... our fight NO... =\ everyone hates the us... and because of bush even some of the citizens are starting to hate it...

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 17:37
And especially because of your kind of behavior...

I'm behind the US no matter the cost like much other countries in the world contrarly to what you may assume.

-And we can point out that this exploitation of grief and fear for political gain is a form of violence

So's a swift kick in the ass.

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 17:51
I'm behind the US no matter the cost

Thats not very sensible behaviour is it, if the cost was millions of lives, concentration camps, use of nuclear/chemical/biological weapons, increase in terrorism and all the other assorted problems would you be so willing to place your backing with war? You should never back a country no matter the cost, you should only ever back ideals.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 18:05
-if the cost was millions of lives, concentration camps, use of nuclear/chemical/biological weapons, increase in terrorism and all the other assorted problems

That's what trust is all about.

The US would NEVER do anything such...It would already be done.

On top of that,the congress would never approve any of those behaviors and would impeach the president before anything could be even attempted.

Who do you think GWB is...Hitler?

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 19:10
Do you think germany's people knew all about the plans for concentration camps when they elected hitler? How do you know how far the USA would go, and if everybody in the US has blind faith in the government who will stop these bad things from happening, ALSO i didn't say the USA would do these things, If the west attacked an Arab nation terrorism would increase against the WEST, for a war to occur, Iraq would probably have to have weapons of mass destruction, and so who would stop him using the weapons?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 03:38:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 03:38:47