Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Static vs. free cameras

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2004 22:49
I figured that most of the people on these forums are avid gamers therefore this is the perfect place to ask a little question. If you were playing a 3rd person action/adventure game, would you rather have a static camera following the character around at a set distance and truning with him/her, or would you like to be able to control all aspects of the camera's position?

Thank you very much for your input,
Sam

Wik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2004 23:14
Definatly control the camera.

HyTech Designs Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2004 23:19
Thanks for the input.

I just got the idea (patially thanks to someone on another forum)to have both parts of that. We'd have it so that the player pushes a button and it switches to a mode where they control the camera with the mouse, then hit that button again and it locks the camera there.

Neil19533
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2004 07:00
STATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after playing tombraider AOD i got annoyed at the damm contols because the damm camera moved. a good example is those 3d adventures when you and up going the wrong way because your camera is moveing

I wonder where that fish did go, a fish, a fish, a fish, O
HyTech Designs Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2004 22:44
Thanks for the input guys.
Since I am getting mixed feedback I am not sure what to do yet, Maybe have an option so you can pick which you want.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 13:32:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 13:32:50