Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Odd problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2004 08:47
Hello again.....I am a DBC user and have been working on this 'basic pattern' for the village in my RPG/FPS game for months. The problem is I can not make my "wall and village" into solid objects without destroying the mouselook code. I am also at a loss at how to make rivers. If someone could point out errors or give me advice, I would truly apreciate it....

There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his

Ph33r the Ringwraiths
sponge008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2004 00:34
Well, for a river, just put a riverbed into the level editor and use a river object, and it's easy from there, and why would making objects destroy other code?
Skybax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2004 00:43
Pardon, my asking...but what exactly is a level editor? I have no idea as to WHY every time I try to convert my "wall and village" into objects with colision boxes (as shown in the DBC MonsterHunt tutorial) it either will refuse to run or completely bug my mouselook code......perhaps it's my computer.....perhaps it's me....

Er, if there are any anim8or users here, I have a question: When I save my objects in .x format and try to load them into my game in DBC, they will not work. I am feeling very foolish right now.

There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his

Ph33r the Ringwraiths
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2004 01:06
you may want to post this in the 3D Forum, people there have loads of experience with the different 3d apps

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo available now!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 02:57:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 02:57:42