Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Ghost Object Off

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2004 19:28
I tryed getting ghost object off (id) to work but i couldn't no matter how much i tried i need it in my game "3D PakPerson". i'm wondering if anybody else had problems with this and knows the answer or if there's a special way to do it... Any help will be apreciated.

You know, when i see an old lady slip and fall on the side walk, my first instinct is to luagh, but then i think, what if i where an ant? and she fell on me, it just doesn't seem so funny anymore.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2004 23:02
Added a new tutorial to the Curved Basic page that may help you out. Look for the 3D model tutorial under intermediate.

http://curvedbasic.dbspot.com/DBTutorial.htm

The ghost commands should work fine. At least they do for me, I'm on DBP patch 5.

Post if you still need help.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2004 23:52 Edited at: 24th Mar 2004 23:53
okay here's the part of my code that's wacky...
the controls are...

forward....8 on numpad
backwards...2 on num pad
change current cube on the X axis....left and right arrow keys
change current cube on the Z axis...up and down arrow keys
change the FLOOR(storie,level...ETC) that you are working on just select a floor ....... number keys(you know above the qwerty row...) 1-0 select 1-10...

what the program is supposed to do (so far) is UNGHOST the selected (current) cube on the selected (current) level(you know the deal...ETC) and reghost every thing else.

[edit] the number in the left bottom corner is the CurrentCubeX

You know, when i see an old lady slip and fall on the side walk, my first instinct is to luagh, but then i think, what if i where an ant? and she fell on me, it just doesn't seem so funny anymore.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2004 00:07
Your problem might be that you're using ghost on and ghost off in the wrong order.

Right now I think you're un-ghosting the object and then ghosting it right away, or vice versa.

You'll just need to play around with it a little I suppose.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2004 00:27
i don't think so what i do is ghost ALL objects (so i can ghost the previously Unghosted current cube) then UNghost the current cube. so in the end the current cube should be unghosted...... but if you can show me in my code where i unghost and then immediatly ghost again then please tell me!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 02:56:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 02:56:30