Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / So, as E3 approaches...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2004 03:42
I wonder, since you can use DarkBasic(Pro) to make games...

wouldnt it be cool if someone from here had a booth for their game at E3? Maybe something like RPGamer's Eternal Destiny (not to mention all the people who are on his development team, I just dont remember everyone's name from the top of my head).

One day....

http://www.t4e0.4cybiko.com- GameXaero Forums
http://www.t4e0.4cybiko.com/gxstudios - GX Studios
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2004 04:18
The GDC is currently going on in San Jose. I'd rather be there than at E3. But, that's just my two polygons.
--
TAZ

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2004 06:01
yeah I was gonna ask if GDC was the same as E3, apparently not.
Both are cool.

Now if E3 could finally translate into DOOM3 and HL2 I'd be happy!

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo available now!
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2004 10:06
Maybe I can get a ticket to E3 this year.....

recycled
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2004 10:14
I think it would be better to get a booth at GDC than E3, because then other developers would see the product and DBP would get more accepted as a programming language, and the overall opinion of DBP being like clik n play would hopefully be washed away.

regards,
recycled

Joel 'recycled' Fagerlund
Lead Designer
Vermin Entertainment
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2004 10:43
GDC ... Game Developers Conference; this is a conference that spans 4 days that is for developers to show new technologies or explain how to make the most of current technologies.
Think of it as School for Game Developers, it has actually nothing to do with games specifically.
Siggraph ... Computer Technology Conference; identical to GDC in many respects, difference being it covers the entire spectrum of anything computer based rather than just game technologies.
E3/ECTS ... Electronic Entertainment Exposition/European Computer Trade Show; these are for developers to go "check it out! my game has better graphics than everything... but you can't play it for like 2years yet cause were no where near finished."

There are a few more events each year but those are the most important. Oddly E3 has moved back again, it was originally set for next week (as it traditionally is); however somewho it moved back 2weeks to April, then a month ago it moved even further back to May.

So a quick sum up for those with minute attention spans.
GDC = Game Technologies (for developers only)
Siggraph = Computer Technology/Theories (for computer scientists only)
E3/ECTS = Game Showcase (for developers to make the public drool)

Athlon64 FX-51 | 1.5Gb DDR2 PC3400 | GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 56.60 | DirectX9.1 SDK | Audigy2 | Windows XP 64-Bit
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2004 18:06
Raven pretty much nailed it. You go to the GDC to learn and network with your peers (and load up on swag.) E3 is a media event. It's been a few years since I last attended the GDC, I need to get my ducks in a row for next year.
--
TAZ

Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
i wish people did those summary things more often. i cant stand being heavily involved in a flaimbait and then having to withdraw cos i cant be btohered to read someones entire newspaper artical... and i mean 3 page spread of the independant, not some crappy glamour mag.

http://www.tinnedhead.tk under re-construction.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 13:32:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 13:32:13