Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Just Wondering

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new. I'm assuming it is lots harder to code a characters reaction when hitting someone/being hit than to code someone shooting at someone else. Am I right?

Stuff And Whatnot.
DivW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2004 13:07
I don't understand. It's more difficult in general to code a realistic Physics and projectile engine than it is to create an AI engine in general. It dpends on how expansive you want them both to be-super real bullets or super smart baddies? You'll have to explain more.

-Dave

Your soul...it tastes like chicken

Official Website Postponed
Oxgoad
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll try to explain. Is it harder to code the main character of a game's reaction when punching another character than for them just to shoot that character? I'm assuming it would be, because when the main character punches a baddie, the baddies energy or whatnot goes down, but if the baddie punches the main character, it should be exactly opposite. Would it be harder to program that than just to make the main character shoot him (thus no actual contact between the two). I can't think of any other way to explain it. Sorry.

Stuff And Whatnot.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2004 00:22
its the same really because if the main character shoots the baddie then you need to code the bullet collision instead of a punch. pretty much the same concepts here.

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo available now!
Oxgoad
Years of Service
User Offline
Aha. I just thought that it would be harder because when the main character hits the baddie, the main character is not hurt and maybe even gets points. But if the baddie were to hit the main character, (maybe even in the same spot as the main character hit the badie with)then the main character would lose points and whatnot. Maybe I'm just stupid. Yeah, that's probably it.

Stuff And Whatnot.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2004 01:09
Yeah, probably.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home of the VB.NET Class Builder Utility - Demo available now!
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2004 01:19
Why worry which is harder? Some things may come easier for one person than another. In the end though, it just boils down to your experience, and perhaps how much you enjoy programming the different effects.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
Oxgoad
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys.

Stuff And Whatnot.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:35:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:35:07