Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Stupid Posts and Stupid Codebase entries

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2004 19:27
Could someone do something about the stupid posts and stupid codebase entries that have appeared in the last couple of days? For example, in the codebase there is one on how to make a title page using the 'print' command....all of three lines. There is another that is asking questions!!!!! with no code!!!!!

Come on newbies! We're all here to help, but why make a nuisance of yourselves. Use the forums and codebases correctly and people will be more willing to help!
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2004 19:29
Quote: "Thu Mar 18th 2004
"

coming from the person who joined a week ago...
thos newbs are so annyoing they can even annoy somebody who's only been here for one week!...

You know, when i see an old lady slip and fall on the side walk, my first instinct is to luagh, but then i think, what if i where an ant? and she fell on me, it just doesn't seem so funny anymore.
Gav_b_uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2004 19:31
Exactly!

Been watching the forums for a long time though.....
Plus I come from the land of STOS and AMOS!!! 10+ years since....
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2004 19:34
especially bad the last few days...
Quote: "Your wife is death.
How? NO idea.
But it is murder.
REVENGE!!!!!!!!!
"

You know, when i see an old lady slip and fall on the side walk, my first instinct is to luagh, but then i think, what if i where an ant? and she fell on me, it just doesn't seem so funny anymore.
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2004 19:50
And before you post at least make an effort to read the stickies and use the search.
Scouseknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2004 22:15
This happens on every forum - human nature is to want answers as quickly as possible, and with the path of least resistance.

Some people accept this and will never grow tired of helping - others just try to put then down and use terms like "n00b" or however you spell it.

Thankfully, it seems the latter are in the minority here, which is a good thing.

If I have a question, and I cannot find the answer (whether it is staring me in the face or not) I am going to ask the question - regardless.

That said, I have seen a few of the "how do I make a game then?" sort of posts which do beggar belief - but best thing to do with them is just ignore them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 02:32:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 02:32:00