Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / A quick game idea for after my skateboarding game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2004 20:08
Hi, I'm still working on my skateboarding game - (due June) and I've been playing the Playstation a lot. I have an idea for my next project:

A 2D DINOSAUR GAME! In the vein of The Lost World for PSX.

It would have a human character and a T-rex. You would either have to cause carnage as the T-rex or defeat spawning dino badies as the human. Each level could simply be a randomly generated ground matrix ( it's a 2D game ) a backdrop plain behind this and some shrubbery on the matrix with spawning random baddies. There could be stuff to jump over as well. As the levels progressed the levels could simply become longer and more enemies could spawn.

Might get to work on it if anyone thinks it sounds like a good idea. With the dino and human model I could probably get it done in a month or so...

The guy behind The Old Remedy - coming June 2004 : 30% completed!
M00NSHiNE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2004 20:15 Edited at: 26th Mar 2004 20:15
do you not quite remember that The Lost World on PS1 was utter tosh?

Anyways, games are supposed to be fun, and I remember the only fun thing about LW on ps1 was being the trex and causing havoc, so itd be better to build your game playing soley as a Trex. It would be cooler.

Currently thinking of a new company name
Sticking to a project idea for once
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2004 20:44
I remember that The Lost World for Playstation was good! And the T-Rex would not be as fun unless you earned the privelge of playing as it after playing as a human first

PS. The Lost World was crap because it was the hardest game ever.

The guy behind The Old Remedy - coming June 2004 : 30% completed!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 13:38:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 13:38:06